Chapter Fourteen: Nedzu's Offer

The second day of school came around the corner way too quickly, and once again Dave found himself standing in the middle of a big crowd in the train.

The fact dawned over him that he had to get used to this as he needed to do this for the next 3 years or even more of his life.

Luckily, his phone dinged to keep him occupied. He looked at the notification on his phone.

Erasurehead:
Where the hell were you last night? Tsukauchi was trying to find you.

FabulousPig:
I don't know where you were looking, but I was patrolling Osaka Province.

Erasurehead:
We've checked there and you weren't there.

FabulousPig:
Maybe you weren't looking hard enough cuz I was there last night. Look.

[Image Inserted]

Dave sent a picture of him dangling from a side of a tall building with the big billboard that could only be seen in Osaka. It was advertising a weird perfume from Europe.

Erasurehead:
Well, whatever, just be at the meeting place later tonight.

FabulousPig:
Did something happen when I was gone?

Erasurehead:
We'll talk about it later, I have somewhere to be right now. 

[Erasurehead is Offline]

Dave smirked at the last text that Erasurehead sent.

'Yeah, you've somewhere to be alright. Babysitting a bunch of teenage kids'

It didn't take long for Dave's train to reach his stop. He got off the train and walked his way to U.A. After studying the school's map last night when he was on patrol, it easily took no less than a minute to find his homeroom class.

He resumes to his seat. Then Aizawa-sensei came in to address the class.

---------------break--------------

"Heeyyy there, Little Listeners!" Present Mic voice thundered despite not using his quirk, "Welcome to your English class, I'll be your teacher. Please call me Yamada-sensei, this is school after all!"

Dave sat at the very front of the classroom, and mostly avoided any contact with any other student. It wasn't because he didn't want friends, only just because he believed he couldn't make any. His social anxiety really takes a big toll on him, especially with people his age.

Yamada-sensei kept yapping during the whole lesson, teaching the basics of proper English. As someone who had an English background, Dave understood all of the main concepts (his English major ass is a flex).

"David, please read paragraph 4 of page 352," Yamada-sensei said.

"English is a West Germanic language that originated from Anglo-Frisian dialects brought to Britain in the mid 5th to 7th centuries AD by Anglo-Saxon settlers. With the end of Roman rule in 410 AD, Latin ceased to be a major influence on the Celtic languages spoken-" Dave stopped, confused at the sudden silence.

Everyone in the class gapped including Yamada-sensei himself. Dave spoke in perfect English; he replaced his Japanese accent with an English one to compliment his perfect reading.

Later on, Dave continued to impress them as he gotten all the correct answers during their small pop quiz. For him, the quiz was almost child's play. All the questions were something he learnt when he was little, you know all the basic stuff. Much less to his surprise, there were people who were getting answers wrong. Or maybe it was just him.