Chapter Nineteen: Back at School, I Guess

One thing Tsukauchi Naomasa hated about his job us the social interactions and telling a family member that their siblings were kidnapped.

It wasn't like the family member was an adult or anything, they were a teenager going through high school.

So when Tsukauchi knocked on David Gonzalez's door on the night of the kidnapping, he hoped that it was going to be a simple 'tell and go' operation. It wasn't but it wasn't bad to hope.

When the pink haired teen opened the door, Tsukauchi could see the dark eye bags that laid beneath the boys eyes and the tired posture he owned.

The adult man sympathised the teen.

"What may be the problem, officer?" The teen's deep and tired voice only saddened Tsukauchi even more.

"I'm Detective Tsukauchi, and I have
important things to tell you," was all the adult man could manage.

The pink haired welcomed Tsukauchi in his home and made him coffee. They both sat at opposite ends of the coffee table.

"I'm sorry to imform you that your sisters were kidnapped this early morning," Tsukauchi looked at David for a reaction, but none never came, "Were you aware that they have been hanging at the Hermits Family home?"

"Yes, they told me that their friend, Grian, invited them for a sleepover," Somewhere along the line, Tsukauchi heard a small change in the teen's voice.

"Did you know the Hermits before the sleepover?"

"Yes."

-TRUE-

"How much did you know about them?"

Silence.

"Not much."

-TlRiUeE-

"Well, I have to legally tell you that the shop that the father, Xisuma, was selling contraband items and had daily business with wanted criminals which may have lead them to be a target of criminal activities," Tsukauchi tried to explain it the best he can without any loose info.

"Oh."

And that how the conversation went really. Nothing much happened much after that.

---------------break--------------

Dave was turning 13 before the end of the month, Xisuma knew this.

He spent all week preparing for Dave’s birthday, the same as he would to his own children.

Somewhere in Xisuma gut knew that this was going to be Dave's first party, he wanted it to be special.

He should've knew that things weren't going to be done as planned but he hoped something better.

Not this...

Dave's cake laid on top of the ground, its sweet insides spewing out. The pink frosting got every where and Xisuma was stressing out.

Of course, it was Grian who had accidentally tipped the pink frosted cake and felt guilty doing so.

"I'm so sorry, pa," The small troublemaker had said as he fiddled with the hem on his crimson sweater, "I-i... I didn't mean to."

All the father could do was sigh as he held the small child within his arms, "It's okay, Grian, Dave doesn't like cakes anyway. I'm pretty sure he'd even be fine if we just put a bunch of carrots on a plate. No big deal."

"Honestly, I would've been happy with anything," Dave's voice was much deeper than most people kids his age, a lot deeper.

Dave watched as the father and son share a moment to themselves before interrupting.