Chapter Twenry-Four: Sports Festival, Part One

Clayton Davis had been waiting for this moment for his entire life.

His dreams of being a hero had been thrashed down by the hard stereotypes that the world had decided to title him with. With a quirk like his, it was common to be called a villain. Yes, Clay, a villain. How ridiculous, right?

His quirk was a nightmare, but ironically so it was called "Dream"; the ability to personify people's fears into reality. Nightmare would have been more suited name for his quirk.

Bullied in school and abused at home, Clay had grown to hate the society that he lives in. I mean, who wouldn't? Stereotypes based on false beliefs had controlled the whole world entirely and nothing had been done anything about it.

Clay wanted to change that.

And now he had the chance to.

A chance to show the world that his villainous quirk can do some good. Some real good.

"Clay, come on, Nick is waiting for us!" George had called from behind the tall blond.

"I'm coming, I'm coming."

The duo made their way to their classroom where they met Nick who had his head on his desk.

"What took you guys so long?" The male with the bandana had said tiredly.

George gave Clay a side eye, "Someone decided that it was okay to stand outside like a moron."

"The only moron here is you," Clay said, "And possibly Nick, but that's debatable."

Nick gave him an annoyed scoff, "Whatever you say, smiley face."

The bell rang.

"Oh, shoot, I have to go," George rushed out, "Powerloader is going to kill me for being late to class. See you guys at the Sports Field Stadium!"

Clay sighed and Nick mimicked.

George was part of the support department, while both of two other friends were at a different class with Hizashi-sensei. You would think that both the males would be sitting in a hero class but due to their performance at the Entrance Exam, they were pushed down to 1C, a General Education class. Though, in all honesty, the males didn't mind it. Partly, because that made them have a reason to win the Sports Festival, they have a reason to show the whole world what they were capable of.

"Okay, class, please remain standing behind your seats," HIzashi-sensei had said to them enthusiastically, "I'll be hosting the event so please behave under Snipe's supervision. I don't want him to scold me for having bad children."

The class laughed at that, Clay couldn't help but smile.

They were walked to the other classroom where their relief teacher, Snipe, had been. The trip to the field was nothing but silent, no one talked, people were too nervous about the Sports Festival. Clay and Nick followed their classmates into a neat straight line.

Clay could hear the obnoxious screams and chatter in the gigantic stadium. He hated it, the noises.

Class 1A stood beside Clay's class. No one said a word, they only exchanged looks. The masked male's eyes made their way to the pink haired teen who only ignored him. Clay took no offense to this, only smirked.

"Dude, stop smirking, people are staring," Nick whispered to the blonde male.

"Let them stare, I don't care."

And he really didn't.

---------------break--------------

"Welcome, to the U.As annual Sports Festival!"