Chapter Thirteen: The Past is a Real Kicker

"Mom!" a pink haired toddler entered the kitchen, a bright smile on his face.

A woman, somewhere in her late forties, was in front of the kitchen sink. As soon as the boy touched the edge of her top, she flinched and stumbled back. The woman kept a nervous smile at the young boy before crouching down to his level a safe distance away.

"What did mommy say about touching, dear?" The woman masked a smile over the fear she hid.

"N-no touching people..." The child answered, a small frown managed its way to his face.

"Good, honey, if you follow that rule, mommy will always love you."

"A-and I will always love mommy!"

...

"And I will always love mommy..."

---------------break--------------

"THAT THING IS AN ABONINATION!"

"Nathaniel, he's just a child!"

"That thing is no child, and you know it!"

"He didn't ask to be like that, no one did!"

"You saw what he did! You saw what he had done!"

"Nathaniel, please understan-"

"No, I didn't marry you to get that abomination, t-that... That MONSTER!"

"We can work this out, we'll start over again. We all can be a family again."

"No... No! I can't stand this. I can't stand him, if it weren't for him, we'd be a family. He'd be out of the picture, it would have just be the three of us, just you, me and our son."

"Nathan, it can still be like that..."

"No, it can't. And will never be. I'll be in America if you need me."

The door slammed, and left behind was a pregnant woman and her monster.

Her monster

Her monster

Her̾͢ ̯͚̀͘mô̟̣͡n̨̳̝̞̾̾̾͐s͖̣̯͖̤̓̈́̏͒͘t̨̛͍̦͔̜̎͊̂͆e̩͖̖͈̮͋̃̐̄͘r̘̻̦̗̻̀̋̃͒͞ ̨̲̬̮̊́͟͠͝͞

---------------break--------------

"Dave?"

"Huh?"

"Jesus christ, Dave, I've been calling out to you for a while. You didn't respond, are you okay?"

"I-uhhh... Just lost in thought..."

"Must be really important if you blanked out during a sparing session."

"Yeah..."

It was the night of the day of the first day of school and after settling the twins back to sleep, Dave went to Xisuma for his daily spar.

Both men entered a room at the very bottom of Xisuma shop, the room was smaller than the others and instead of occupying any shops items, it instead held most equipment for basic fighting such as a boa staff and wooden sameria swords.

Dave's cape and helmet laid on the ground at the very corner of the room, which meant that he was just wearing his black, leather jumpsuit and signature, baige high-heeled boots.

"Okay, let's start again and, please, for the love god, pay attention," Xisuma resumes to a fighting stance and Dave does the same.

They cirlcled each other slowly, waiting for their opponent to make a move.