Chapter Seventeen: Battle Trial, Part 2

Zak wasn't the type to make new friends out of the blue, that's was something only Darryl could do for some reason. But for some miracle, he and Charlie got on pretty well.

After the teams were given out, all the other students separated and went to their according pairs.

"First Teams are up!" All Might lifted a piece of paper enthusiastically, "Team A, Zak and Charlie, will be the Heroes!"

Aizawa-sensei rolled his eyes and glanced at his own paper, "And Team F, Evan and David, will be versing them as villains."

Zak gulped, he saw what this David did to that robot at the Entrance Exam and from the looks of it, Charlie was nervous too. To the point that his quirk, slime, was creating ooze all over his skin.

"Both teams, go to your positions," Aizawa-sensei gave them a small smirk, "Good luck."

---------------break--------------

"What do we do!" Charlie's quirk was getting more out of control and Zak was helpless at helping him.

Both teams were given five minutes to form a plan and prepare for the fight. Zak hoped that was enough time for them.

"Look, Charlie, we can do this, we just need a good plan," Zak calmly said, "So what do we know about them?"

Charlie calmed down and the ooze lessened, "This Evan dude has a mutant quirk, you can tell because he has a bird head that looks like an owl."

"If he's like an owl, he must be really good at seeing the dark meaning we have to avoid dark places in case of traps," Zak was getting confident, "The best logical plan is to take out Evan first, and distract David enough to fund the bomb and deactivate it."

"But that's too dangerous," Charlie was getting nervous again, "We don't even know what his quirk is and besides I don't think he even needs it, did you see what happened to that robot at the entrance exam!"

"Yes, that's why I'll be distracting and you look for the bomb, I think my quirk can handle him."

"If you say so..."

"FIVE MINUTES IS UP, READY YOUR POSITIONS!"

Zak sighed, "Here we go."

---------------break--------------

"We're going to do this just like we planned it, okay?" Dave was pretty confident about the plan he and Evan thought up.

"And we commit, no chickens allowed," Evan said smirking.

"Uhh... No chickens allowed?"

Evan was a very colorful character with a unique set of talents. He would throw in some dirty jokes whenever he gets the chance to and, from what Dave assumed, he wasn't keen on giving up anytime soon. He wasn't too loud, neither was he too quiet. He was like the middle bowl in Goldie Locks and the Three Bears. Not too hot and not too cold, it was just right.

The building they were in were twenty stories high with three rooms on each floor except the ground floor which on has one. The elevators leading up were broken and the stairs were heavily damaged to add 'effect'.

Right now, Evan and Dave stood at the fifth floor in the farthest room from the stairs. The bomb was secure behind them and there were no windows or cracks in the room, only the entrance was the corridor that lead up to the 18th floor.

"I'm heading out, you stay here," Dave said to Evan who gave him a nod.

Dave silently went down to the 13th floor, scanning thoroughly for the supposed heroes. It didn't take long for him to locate the opposing team. He smirked.