Chapter Twenty-three: His Conditions

(I'm doing this chapter before my X-ray, just in case I might be able to update because of my injured back. 4k chapters are coming but is postponed. Thank you guys for the support! <3333)

All Might sat beside Jaiden's hospital bed, his hands clasped together and was brought up to cup his mouth.

The sound of the ventilator buzzed through the silence.

The reflection on the monitor showed his face, almost mocking his weakened state. Had this been his fault? It must've been, no one else was held accountable.

"She needs a few more weeks to fully recover; she has a broken arm and scarring on her neck," The Recovery Girl had told the hero, "She'll be fine, dearie."

The hero had breathed a small relieved sigh and gazed at the heroine.

"Was this my fault?" He had asked.

There was no response for a second, Recovery Girl had gave him a soft smile, "Oh, darling, no. Out of everyone else, you should know by know that things don't go as easily as it should go. You've seen that, you've seen the bad in the good, the good in the bad. There is no black and white, there is only gray."

"I brought her into this," He started, "I shouldn't hav-"

"Are you saying that you regret making her dream come true?" The old heroine, "You regret making her the hero she always she wanted to be?"

"No, that's not what I-"

"She became the best version of herself because of you," She said smiling, "She a hero because of you. Well, she's on the right track there at least."

All Might considered her words and repaid her with a big, hopeful smile, "That wasn't because of me..."

His gaze went to Jaiden.

"... she is a hero because of herself."

---------------break--------------

Nedzu strolled through the hospital hallways, slow and paced.

It had been a whole a weekend since the incident at the USJ. The whole of Japan knew of it, and the small animal had dealt with the aftermath of with great precaution. Reporters crowded the school's gates more than before, begging for answers that Nedzu himself didn't have the answers for.

Though, he had theories. But he only let himself delve into them, for the fear that he might be wrong.

His thoughts lead him through.

"How is he?" Nedzu had asked, his paws eloping each other.

"Physically, he is doing better than other three," Recovery Girl had replied, dotting notes into her clipboard, "The poor darling only suffering a few small fractures in his left arm and mild concussion."

Nedzu nodded, absorbing what had been said, "Mentally?"

The old heroine sighed, her eyes meeting the principal's, "He woken up about four times for the past three hours all erratic and afraid, he was shouting and screaming. We were forced to move him here where he his far away from the other patients who needed a much required rest."

The principal hummed, looking thoroughly at the black metal bracelets that hung from the patient's wrist, showing a constant green light. The device beeped quietly in the silent room.