Chapter Eighteen: The Attack and the Fall

It was the lunch time just after the Battle Trial. All of the students had done really well during the session and Dave had a good look of everyone's quirk.

What had confused him though was the girl, Jaiden. During the first half of her fight, she used some form of creation quirk that let her create something like a cartoon in mid air as long as he knew its physical properties. On the other half though, she surprised everyone by literally punching the falling debris on her into smaller pieces. She had two quirks, animated creation and a strength enhancement.

There was something not right.

Dave was quickly cut off thought as Jonathan approached him up on the school roof, ready to pounce.

"Dude, that was so badass!" Jonathan waved his hands around in exaggeration as he sat next to the pink haired teen, "You jumped off a twenty story building and caught him!"

"And I was lectured by All Might for reckless behavior," Dave rolled his eyes as he took a bite of the apple in his hand.

"Which is unfair!" Jonathan took out a juice box and sipped from it, "You saved him, he should be glad that you did!"

"That doesn't mean I can just jump off a building without a care in the world," Dave explained, "If I didn't have the knife with me, we both could've died."

"You're right..." The taller teen looked out towards the front gate from above, "Dude, look!"

Dave looked and was shocked. The entire gate was slowly turning into dust.

"What the hel-"

"STAGE THREE LOCKDOWN, EVERYONE PLEASE EVACUATE TO THE SCHOOL ASSEMBLY BUILDING."

---------------break--------------

Dave and Jonathan ran down the halls, in hopes that they can catch up to the other students. It wasn't until Dave heard a slight creak from behind that he had stopped.

"David, is everything okay?" Jonathan stared at the pink haired teen, trying his very best in reading his expression.

"You go on ahead, I forgot something..."

"Well, I can I help you find it."

"No need," Dave answered instantly, "Just go on ahead, I'll catch up."

"If you say so..." Jonathan sprinted down the stairs, his steps fading into nothing but unheardable sounds.

Dave wondered down the hall, letting his instincts guide him through. At the very end of the hallway was a opened door with a sign imprinted in front with 'STAFF' in all capitals.

He urged himself to get closer.

He slightly pushed the door further inside, a shodow dawned over him. The figure's red eyes glowed and his smirk struck a chill down Dave's spine.

"A stray?" The man pierced his own fingers through his own neck and scratch so intensely that it began to bleed. If it weren't for the his ash white hair covering it, Dave would be able to see the scars from prior scratches.

"A what?" Another man stalked behind him. The man stared into him with a menencing grin, "Oh."

Dave had to get out of here quick.

A dry hand managed its way to Dave's arm and pulled him hard, "Keem, get the kid. He might be useful."

The man, Keem, gripped tighter on to Dave who was not struggling, instead he kept a still posture with a 'I-can't-believe-this-is-happening' face.

Dave waited for them to approach the door, and when they did, he got into action.

Dave pushed Keem against the metal door knob and punched him straight into his stomach.