Chapter Twenty-two: USJ, Final

Ever since she was a child, Jaiden had always dreamt of becoming a hero.

At the age of four, she realised that life hadn't always going be the best it can be. Her quirk wasn't considered a strong quirk, a quirk that wasn't best suited for heroics. She had believed them.

Animation; the ability to create an visual image from the mind come to life.

At four, she was belittled for being able to formulate a tiny white bunny from the very tip of her fingertips.

There were times she had gotten praise, but not for the things she wanted; "With a quirk like yours, Entertainment Company would hire on the spot. Think of the profits!"

Jaiden didn't care for profit, didn't care for fame nor either did she care for money.

The thought of being able to save a person was enough to motivate her desires. Day and night she practiced her quirk, reanimating large arms, hammers and blades to sizes she would want. Her exhaustion was the proof of her hard work.

But it wasn't enough.

U.A High School was the most prestigious heroics school in the whole of Japan, if not, the world. With almost a 4% acceptance rate into the Heroics Department and 7% in General Education, it was also one of the hardest one to get in to. With over 1000 students entering the exam, their chances of getting in was slim to almost none.

The physical exam was based on performance and skill, something Jaiden had known she had lacked.

When she entered that arena of broken buildings and disastrous robots, she had realised how slim her chances really were.

But then she saw him, running to middle of the city as a zero point robot landed in front of him.

The pink hair was the very first thing she had noticed, and a boy underneath the robot was her second.

She watched as the boy leapt forward on to the robot, bringing it down within minutes of being on it.

Jaiden had known that she wouldn't be able to that, knew that she wasn't good enough. That her quirk wasn't good enough.

But there was a sparkle of hope that resided with her and she did not come back home with broken ideals.

A miracle happened after the exam, well, if you even call it that.

On her way her home, with her tiny spark of hope, Jaiden had encountered a viilain within a crowd. People surrounded it as it held a boy captive within the his arms.

There were heroes but no one did anything, no one ever budged.

So she did.

And it was the greatest feeling she ever felt in her life.

She saved a boy. She saved someone. In that moment she had found purpose.

And someone else had too.

All Might watched her heroism and gifted her the power that would help her continue it.

And now, she laid in her own blood and wounds, watching the boy in pink hair push himself in front of Jonathan.

The teen's body dropped on to the ground with a thud, red puddled beneath the unmoving body.

She forced herself to stand up and kneeled, she had rose her arms. Her fingers aimed at the creature.

Energy coursed through her veins, spikes of purple sparks cackled in her arm.

And then, she released.