Chapter Twenty: The USJ, Part 1

Darryl, who Dave had recently found out was the class president, led the class outside at the school courtyard where their bus sat, waiting for the said students to come in. One by one, the students piled inside the bus, their chatting getting excessively louder as each person came in. As expected, Dave had sat next to Jonathan, who could not stop talking to Dave. Not that it bothered him that much anyways. 

The whole class had worn their hero costumes, and was barely containing their excitement.

 “Dude, I’m so excited!” Jonathan had said straight into Dave’s ear making the pinkette wince. 

 “Jesus Christ, calm down,” Dave had said as he rubbed his ear, “You might make my ears bleed, though that would be a blessing considering your voice can break glass without much effort.” 

 “Hey, I’m not that loud!” the taller male had shouted. 

 Everyone turned their head at Jonathan who turned red whilst Dave grinned at him. 

 “Not that loud, huh?” Dave had teased. 

 “Oh, shut up,”  

 Before Dave could make up a good comeback, the two males had been interrupted by a feminine voice, “Your name is David, right? David Gonzales.” 

 Dave winced at the mention of his surname, but ignored it, “Yep, it’s in my birth certificate, among other things that prove my existence.” 

 “My name’s Hannah,” the brunette had started, “We went to elementary school together, not that you remember.” 

 Dave looked at the female in front of him and observed her features and she was right, he wasn’t able to identify a memory with her in it. 

 “I don’t remember you, sorry,” Dave had apologised. 

 The girl had let out a small laugh, “That’s alright; I really just wanted to ask you if your mother and father still took appointments.” 

 Dave clenched the side of his pants, trying to keep a normal face. 

 “Woah, what’s this about David parents?” Zak had turned around to listen into the twos conversation and eventually the whole had started listening in as well. 

 “Well, in elementary school, David’s parents would take appointments from people for custom made devices for a small price. I mean, they used to be support students in U.A and David’s mother was in line for Hastume Industry,” Hannah explained. 

 “Wait, you’re a CEOs son?!” Jonathan shook the pink haired teen, “Why the heck did you not tell me?!” 

“It’s not a topic that came up,” Dave had said, trying to explain with little information, “And no, I don’t think they’re taking appointments anymore.” 

Dave slightly panicked in his chair, feeling the hot stares that lingered upon him; it was only then was he saved from a certain tired teacher. 

 “Stop, harassing the kid, he just came back and you are all hoarding him,” Aizawa-sensei scoffed underneath his layers of scarf, “What is he, an idol or something?” 

 Everyone had begun to get back to their own conversations, leaving Dave and Jonathan to themselves again. 

The bus came to a holt in front of an enormous circular stadium with huge steel door. Aizawa-sensei gave them a threatening smirk, “This is the Unforeseen Simulation Joint, or the USJ for short. Here you will train your quirks to the best of your ability.” 

Dave had sighed. 

It’s going to be a long day. 

 ---------------break--------------