Chapter Twenty-five: Sports Festival, Part Two

Chapter Twenty-five: Sports Festival, Part 2

Out of the 100 students who participated in the Sports Festival, only 40 students were able to make it the finish line.

Zak looked at his placement in the obstacle course.

...

12. Jimmy

13. Brody

14. Zak Carder

15. Elizabeth

...

The short teen only sighed.

"Why are you so glum, Zak?" Darryl made his way to his side, looking at the placement boards, "Wow, Zak, you did great!"

"It's not good enough," He said slowly, "Dad's not going to like it."

"Who cares what that muffin likes?" Darryl said, pulling the short brunette in to a embrace, "He's a jerk."

"He may be a jerk, that doesn't change the fact that he's my father," Zak gave in to the embrace, letting the taller teen's warmth overwhelm him.

"We can kill him," Vincent said, suddenly appearing behind the duo, "If we do that, he won't bother you anymore."

"WHAT, NO!" Darryl shouted, "WE CAN'T JUST KILL HIM, THAT'S BAD!"

"Your loss."

"You guys are so chaotic," Zak laughed.

They were right, who cares about his Dad. Who cares what he thinks? Not him, that's for sure.

---------------break--------------

Jonathan ruffled Dave's hair, his pink curls slipping through his long fingers.

"Hey!" Dave said, "You're messing up my hair."

"Oh, sorry," Jonathan realised something, "Where's your crown clip?"

Dave stayed silent.

"Dave, where's your crown clip?"

"Dunno..."

And then Dave left, was it something he said?

Surely it wasn't his fault wasn't it?

---------------break--------------

It was nearly time to announce the next event, a shadow in the hallways made it through the crowd of people. He went unnoticed, ignored and left out. Just how he wanted it.

His mission was simple; sabotage the event and cause chaos but in a heavily guarded and fortified faculty, it was almost hard to the do anything without even the slightest of difficulty. He growled to himself.

"Pas Trouve, are you in the building?" A gruff voice from his ear comms came in, the shadow only rolled his eyes as the voice of Keemstar appeared.

"Affirmative, Keem, though target is not spotted," Pas Trouve turned a new corner, seemingly running out of time.

"Have you seen the target even once?" Annoyance was clear from Keem's voice, which irritated Pas Trouve.

"No, now will you please stop calling during my missions, you're annoying me."

"No need to get grumpy, Pas. If you require help, just dial Minx."

Pas ended the call almost immediately, almost forgetting that there were other people around him. He made an unfortunate slip up and bump into someone he didn't want to see.