Chapter 3 - Breaking Away

Elena's POV

I woke the next morning to the sound of light banging on my door. Begrudgingly, I rose to my feet as I chucked the towel around my hair onto the floor. I filtered my fingers through my golden locks that were still slightly damp.

I opened the door and met Adrian's dark brown eyes. He seemed frustrated, irritated almost.

"Adrian?"

"Your mother let me in."

"Um... And my father?" I peaked out of the room and looked up and down the corridor.

"He's at work, apparently."

Of course. I sighed deeply with my eyes closed before stepping aside and letting him enter my room. Today was a day I wish my mother was more like my father who would pop a cap in this boy's ass for even thinking of entering my room. After last night, I don't want the company. I don't want to see or be around anybody.

He stood in the middle of my room as I closed the door. I began walking towards my closet when he gripped my wrist and pulled me into him. He first tried kissing my lips which I struggled with. Every part of me didn't want this today.

I gently pulled away which he conveniently ignored and began trailing kisses down my jaw and neck. I closed my eyes to try to block out the feeling of his touch.

"Adrian, I really don't want to do this right now," I mumbled, slightly worried about his reaction.

"Are you denying me?" He pulled back and looked at me dumbfounded.

I give this man everything, all the time with no questions asked. Why I have become this kind of woman, I wish I knew. I wish I understood it. I guess my fears of being alone, take over completely. The fears he has drummed into me, where he is the only man that will ever accept me whole, consume me.

"No..." My voice was barely a whisper as I whimper the reply. I don't want to fight right now. I don't have the energy for it. I just want him to be done and leave me alone.

"Thought so." He pushed me gently, guiding me towards the bed.

"I'm going to make you feel so good." He whispered into my ear as he lay me down on the bed.

"I'm going to give you pleasure like never before." He began kissing down my neck while I laid still and stared at the ceiling.

Feel good? Pleasure? Buddy, I have literally never had an orgasm with you since we have been together. I've had to give myself orgasms after the fact. So yes, if you give me pleasure today then it will definitely be like never before.

"I'll forgive and forget you ignoring my calls last night. I'll forgive and forget you looking a little bloated this morning. Just sit still, baby."

I rolled my eyes. Bloated? I haven't even fucking eaten today. Jackass.

His hand traveled up my bare leg and underneath my towel. My mind traveled back to the night before, and all I could see was the blood. My hands went up above my and Adrian's bodies as I gazed at them. They still looked stained.

That man didn't plan on dying last night. He left behind family. But in a split second, everything changed. Everything ended.

Adrian grabbed my jaw and forced me to look at him. His lips attached themselves to mine causing my body to still.

"You are a million miles away today and it's starting to piss me off." He seethed as his kiss became rougher.

I began shifting underneath him when his body got heavier on top of me.