Chapter 12 - Night Terrors

Elena's POV

We were on the freeway, driving in complete silence. I found myself biting down on my fingernail as I glanced over at him, ever so often, watching him handle the Lamborghini. I forced myself to swivel my body away and look out the passenger side window. The lights along the harbor were stunning to look at, sprightly to watch alongside the ocean being irradiated by the moon's reflective glow.

The exhilarating sound of the car's rumbling engine brought my attention back to the road before me. We pulled up into a massive parking lot and as my eyes scanned all the sports cars, my vision became overrun with a high rise architecturally impressive building. It had a somewhat labyrinthine styled palatial decor that truly caught a person's eye.

"Whoa." I breathed while edging forward on my seat to look through the front window. I heard him chuckling beside me but chose to ignore it.

I opened the door and leaped out before he managed to fully park the vehicle. I made my way around the car, completely besotted with the building before Angelo appeared in front of me making me pull back slightly with the closeness and abrupt interference.

"Stay close to me." He instructed then turned and began walking ahead of me.

I followed strictly behind and watched him naturally command the area, capturing every single person's attention. He paused for a brief moment to direct one of the doormen to gather the bags from his car. Upon reaching the front door, he pushed it open and held it with his extended arm to give me space to enter. I walked past his towering body, feeling his hand upon my lower back when I was inside. He guided me across the hotel's lobby, the baronial room demanded sophistication with its grand appearance.

"Good evening, Mr. Di Mauro." I heard an annoying adenoidal voice in front of us.

A sleazy woman approached us with straight pitch-black hair, dressed in the hotel's uniform but somehow she managed to make it look like something out of a porn movie. I quirked a brow as I observed her cleavage hanging out the top of the last button in her blouse, her skirt falling mid-thigh and sheer stockings along with a pair of nude heels. She swung her hair over her shoulder while batting her eyelashes in Angelo's direction.

"Oh boy," I mumbled while rolling my eyes.

"Miss Romano." Angelo greeted her but his hand remained upon the small of my back while he continued to move us across the floor.

"I told you, please call me Bianca." She purred at him.

Her eyes landed on me causing her to scrunch up the middle of her face while analyzing my appearance from the top of my head all the way down. I felt myself feeling uncomfortable in her glare and began shifting on my feet, shuffling away from them.

"I'll leave you two to talk." I tried but Angelo caught my hand and pulled me into him, wrapping his arm around my waist concurrently.

"There's nothing to discuss. Miss Romano needs to get back to work." He gave her a warning glance causing her to cower, gently nodding and moving out of our way.

Angelo let go of me and grabbed my hand, pulling me along with him towards the elevators. One of the elevator operators noticed us and immediately held one of the lifts, directing other guests away from it. Angelo led us directly into it, letting go of my hand as we entered. He gave the well-presented man a nod in gratitude before finally allowing the doors to close.

The elevator's control panel had numbers 1 to 10 illuminated with the 11th and 12th floor dimmed. I watched Angelo place his finger over the biometric sensor. After a few seconds, the 11th and 12th-floor options lit up, clearly granting him access to the restricted floors. He pressed the 12th-floor button causing the lift to begin its movements.