Chapter 16 - Her Smile, Her Laugh

Angelo's POV

I handed the waiter a couple of notes in gratitude before taking the food boxes from him. He gave me a brief nod and closed the elevator doors as I turned around and headed back into the penthouse. I paused in the middle of the foyer when I noticed her standing against a pillar, watching my every move. She had moved from inside the kitchen and her eyes were now consuming me whole.

Never have I laid my eyes upon such perfection. A divine beauty with scars and demons that simply encompasses that very perfection, accentuating it further. She was the definition of the kind of perfection any man would spend his whole life in search of. A perfection worth fighting for. A sinless and pure perfection. Her beauty shone from within and she didn't even realize it. Is it possible that someone could be perfect just for you?

She doesn't even realize the power she holds in her hands. This woman has begun a whole explosion within me and it fucking petrifies me. The intense emotions she has awoken in such a short period of time brings forth an anxiety like no other. How far would I go for her?

"Amore (love), I highly suggest you stop looking at me like that," I warned her as I picked up my pace in her direction.

"Like what? I'm not looking at you like anything." She initially stood up straight, then crossed her arms over her chest while replying.

"Your eyes are staring at me like I'm your next 5-course meal," I stated before stopping right in front of her. I looked down at her face, watching her cheeks begin picking up a crimson tinge to them as her eyes avoided mine, causing me to chuckle lightly.

"As fucking tempting as that sounds, you need to eat something. As do I. I haven't eaten anything today. Well... Not a food substance at least..." I hinted with a quick wink that finished her off as her shyness took over and she diverted her eyes to the ground.

"Jesus, Angelo." She mumbled as my chuckles turned into an amused laughter.

"Vieni, Bella (come, beautiful)." I placed my hand on her lower back and guided her around the couch.

I placed the boxes on the coffee table, setting out the food and corresponding utensils. I quickly cut up my fillet steak into thin slices while Elena stood admiring the view through the glass window.

When finished, I grabbed both boxes and placed them on the side tables of the couch. I shifted to the edge of the sofa, close enough to reach her, and grabbed her hand pulling her towards me. She let out a soft yelp followed by a dainty giggle as she fell into my lap.

I couldn't help myself as my hand wrapped itself around the back of her neck and pulled her lips to mine. Her arms hung over my shoulders as she moved in closer to me and deepened the kiss. My arm wrapped around her waist while she cupped my face in her delicately small hands. Eventually, I began slowing down the kiss, pulling away and placing my forehead against hers for a few moments.

She let out a pleased and jubilant sigh before pushing herself off my lap, shifting onto the seat beside me. She was about to take her legs off of mine when I grabbed them and held them firmly in place. I grabbed her salad and handed it over to her with a fork in the other hand. She gave me a soft smile, thanking me as she took it and began eating.

I found myself leaning back into the couch, admiring her as she ate, relishing in her bodacious figure draped over my legs, and admiring the surprisingly comfortable silence between us.

"How's your salad?" I asked her, placing a slice of meat into my mouth.

"Oh, it's good." She spoke softly, fiddling with her food and pushing it around her box with her fork. Why are you doing this to yourself, Bella (beautiful)?