Chapter 33 - All The Truth

Elena's POV

I gently knocked on the wooden door, the silver-wrapped box in my other hand. I heard the eruption of loud cheers on the other side of the door, as a testosterone-filled room would. Fisting my hand once more, I knocked my knuckles harder against the door. The noise slowly died out as heavy footsteps could be heard along the tiled floor. The door swung open and I was met with one of Gio's groomsmen. He had longish black hair with a 5 o'clock shadow beard. His brows lifted in the surprise of my presence before running his eyes over me.

His silence, and overly display of attraction towards me, made me nervous. I cleared my throat softly before gathering the courage to speak.

"I'm looking for either Angelo or Giovanni. I have a gift from the bride." I held up the present in my hand.

He slowly nodded his head, taking a step back while swinging the door closed. It sat ajar, enough for me to hear the conversations taking place but not enough to see inside.

"There is a drop-dead gorgeous bridesmaid outside looking for the groom. Since the groom is, well, tied up right now, you will be the next best thing. Off you go!" I then heard a loud smack with a couple of chuckles.

"These best man duties are about getting on my nerves. You are more than capable of-"

Angelo swung the door open as he spoke back. When his eyes settled upon me, he cut off his own speech, instantly replacing it.

"You know what? Forget I said anything!" He yelled then quickly stepped out into the corridor with me, shutting the door behind him.

His gaze slowly traveled over my figure and outfit, his mouth slightly agape. I was wearing a purple-grey chiffon skirt that sat just above the knee with a lace illusion off the shoulder bodice, accompanied by a pair of dazzling silver jeweled peep-toed stilettos.

His stare was different today. I couldn't pinpoint it but his eyes weren't pooling with the normal lust it held before. Shortly after I watched him lick his lips as he took a step closer.

"I hope you know how fucking beautiful you are." He mumbled only for me to hear.

My eyes diverted to his chest then further down where it settled on the box in my hand. I felt him lean in before his warm breath fanned my cheek.

"You're making things very hard for me, Bella (beautiful)." He uttered in my ear resulting in the flushing warmth in my face.

"And I know Kat will have my balls if I were to mess up your make up because that also means she doesn't get you back for the day either..." He said suggestively causing me to giggle.

With that, his head dipped down and latched onto the crook of my neck. My free hand placed itself open-palmed upon his chest as my head instinctively tilted to grant him better access. I could feel sensational shivers running through my body straight down to my core. This is dangerous territory and he knows it.

"Angelo..." I moaned softly. "You need to stop."

"I need to... But I don't want to, Amore (love)." He hummed against my skin before nibbling lightly upon it. He wrapped his burly arm around my waist and held me hard against his body.

"I find it so amusing how well your cousin knows you." We heard a deep voice from behind us. My head lifted staggeringly to notice the groomsmen that opened the door for me earlier, standing in the threshold.

"Your cousin said you would be holding this beauty hostage. He said his bride wants her bridesmaid back." He chuckled as he spoke.

Angelo groaned in pure annoyance as he let go of me. He turned to face the groomsmen, trudging in his direction as he took a step back in response. Angelo then took it upon himself to grab the door's handle and shut it once more.