Chapter Six: Captured Pt. 2

"Come on, Padmé

"Come on, Padmé. Where are you?" I asked myself while closing my eyes to try and sense her. R2 had bumped into my leg and I looked down at him. "What's up, little guy?"

He beeped before he went over to a control panel and began to tamper with it. "Wait, are you trying to intercept Senator Amidala's communicator?" I asked as R2 beeped in agreement.

Not even a minute later, Padmé came on the screen and next to her was her assistant Droid, C3PO. "Senator Amidala? Can you hear me?"

"Yes, Valerie. I can. What are you doing on the ship?!" She asked frantically as I looked around. "I was here to save you. I can with Master Skywalker and Master Kenobi. But they went to create a distraction for the droids while I find you."

"I don't exactly need rescuing, but I'm near some kind of opening. They look like transporters." Padmé described as I nodded and R2 gave me a quick map layout of the ship. "I see where you are. I'm on my way."

Just when I said that, I saw two super droids approach me and I brought out my lightsaber, quickly stabbing them both in the head before retracting my lightsaber. "R2, hold the gate until we get back."

R2 beeped to me before I took into the direction Padmé was in.

"Okay, Padmé. I'm here, but I don't see you." I said through my commlink as I looked around the opening for Padmé. Just as I was about to go lower to find her, I spotted her on the second level.

"Padmé!" I shouted from above to get her attention. Apparently, they attracted almost a dozen of droids and I immediately brought out my lightsaber to block the shots. "Master Skywalker, Master Kenobi, if you're done tampering with whatever you're doing, I could use some reinforcements!"

: We're on our way there! Hang tight! : Master Kenobi said as I continued blocking shots. "Whatever you say, Master.." I jumped from the level I was on to one of the moving transports, still blocking shots as they came at me and aim them back at the droids. I looked up one time and saw Padmé and 3PO jump from where they were and also onto a transport.

"Masters Kenobi and Skywalker, Padmé and 3PO are heading in your direction. Looks like I'm heading to the direction of the main reactor." I said over the commlink as I took down the last droid.

: Okay, I'm on my way! Anakin is going after Senator Amidala! Hold off the droids until I reach you! : Master Kenobi said as I saw more droids hop on the transport. Before I could make a move, I felt something jump bejind me and I turned quickly to see Grevious' standing behind me, with his two lightsabers in hand.

"Hello, Jedi."

"Grevious. And, here I thought this mission would be scary." I taunted before he unveiled his other set of arms and held two more lightsabers, now having four in total.

"Okay, I'm officially scared now." I thought as I looked from the droids to Grevious. "Come on, Master Kenobi. Where are you?" I mumbled softly as a blast went off and I blocked it, sending straight back at a droid. "Your master won't be here to save you, young Jedi. And I will make sure I send him your head for a gift.."

When Grevious said this, I slightly prayed that Master Kenobi would get here now. And it was answered when I saw something fly up and in front of me landed Master Kenobi. "Master Kenobi!"

"I'm here, my dear! Jump now!" He shouted as I nodded and I went to jump. As I did, however, one of the droids had fired a blast and it had struck my in my shoulder. I howled in pain as I landed on another transport leading away from Master Kenobi and Grevious, clutching my bloody shoulder.

: Anakin, Valerie is injured! You need to get to her now! : Master Kenobi hollered over the commlink as I sat up weakly from my laying position see if I could find Master Skywalker. He ended up finding me and I don't remember anything after that. Everything went black.

I remember a few times I came to and I wasn't on Grevious' death trap of a ship, but I was back on the cruiser. I knew this because I saw Rex and Admiral Yularen in the medical bay with both Masters and Ahsoka. I remember hearing Ahsoka scream something, but I was too groggy to figure out what.

After that, I fell back asleep. I woke up again and this time, it was just Rex and Ahsoka in the room. Ahsoka was laying down on the empty cot sleeping while Rex was looking down at his helmet. I groaned softly, which caught his attention and he sat upright, his eyes full of shock and relief when he saw I was wake.

"Blondie! Ha! You're alive!" He exclaimed as I sat up carefully, wincing softly when I felt a sting in my shoulder. "Hey, careful! Careful.." Rex said while I swung my feet off the medical bed.

"Kid, she's up!" Ahsoka woke up and she immediately sprung from the cot and had hugged me tightly. I was surprised and kind of chuckled softly when she did before I commented, "I'm not dead yet, Tano."

When we both pulled away, I realized that Ahsoka had tears pooling from her eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows as I asked, "What's wrong?"

"Valerie, you did die."

What? What do they mean 'I did die'?