Chapter Thirty Six: Commander

Valerie approached Ahsoka, who was prepping Anakin's fighter for the mission they were about to go on. She smiled as she saw the young Padawan talking with R2 before she approached.

"I'm not nervous!"

"Oh, boy. What was R2 saying?" Valerie asked as Ahsoka turned her head to see her. "Oh, Valerie! It's just you. Yeah, R2 kept asking me if I'm nervous, and the more he keeps asking, of course I'm going to get nervous!"

"Heh, I believe you. But even if you are, I got your back. I'm riding my fighter escort." Valerie said as Ahsoka smiled. "Thanks, Shiny."

Valerie laughed, causing Ahsoka to raise a brow. "What?"

"You do realize you just called me Shiny, right?" Ahsoka laughed, realizing what she said before Anakin had approached the two girls. "Hey Snips. It's your first command. Don't be nervous."

"I wish people would stop saying that!" Ahsoka said as Valerie shook her head. "Hi, Master Skywalker. Don't worry. I got her if anything happens."

"I hope so. But you two need to remember these men are depending on you." Anakin said as Ahsoka looked at Valerie nervously. "Wonderful. If I wasn't nervous before, I sure am nervous now."

"I got you, 'Soka." Valerie said while lightly smacking Ahsoka's forearm. "And, Master, I already spoke with Master Kenobi. Their cruiser will be here at 1800 hours."

"Alright, good work, Valerie. You two will do great, I just know it." Anakin said as Valerie and Ahsoka smiled at each other. "I better get ready." Valerie walked away from the fighter and towards the fighter escort where she saw Rex inside of it.

"Hey, Rexter? You flying with us?" Valerie joked as Rex looked up and rolled his eyes. "Even if I wanted to, Blondie, I'm not flying." Valerie laughed before Rex had hopped out of the fighter and approached Valerie.

" Valerie laughed before Rex had hopped out of the fighter and approached Valerie

"How you feeling?"

"Nervous as hell. But I'll be okay. As long as I get the fighters and destroy that blockade, I'll be just fine." Valerie said as she placed a hand on her hip. "But, enough about me, what about you?"

"I'm okay. Just worried about you, that's all."

"Well, no need to worry, Rex. I'll be fine." Valerie said before she looked around, hoping nobody saw them, which they didn't, and kissed Rex's cheek. She smiled before patting his shoulder and hopped into her fighter.