Chapter Forty: Ryloth Pt. 1

The mission had been a success

The mission had been a success. They were able to destroy the Separatist blockade on Ryloth and now Obi-Wan Kenobi, Valerie, and the 212th find themselves on Ryloth, with growing forces of the Separatist droids at the doorstep.

"Cody, fan your men out that way.We need to try and get a way to that gate." Obi-Wan ordered to his Commander as Cody nodded. "On it, General. You four break for those trees over there!"

"Yes, sir!" Four of Cody's men ran off through the trees, while the others began moving straight towards the gate. As they got closer, the battle droids began firing and Valerie and Obi-Wan immediately began to block shots. The fight got so intense that Obi-Wan even had to look at Valerie from time to time to see if she was still alive. This was her first BIG mission and he wanted her to get a good experience on it.

Something that he would do for Anakin when he was his Padawan.

"I'm fine, Master! Keep moving!" Valerie shouted while blocking more shots. Obi-Wan didn't take that for an answer, and continued blocking shots. Just as he was about to approach, the droids began lifting in the air, every one of the droids on the ground. The men stood confused as they looked around, but Obi-Wan knew who was doing this.

He looked over at Valerie, and he did not see her normal green eyes, he saw that they were black with pink orbs, and small cracks came from her eyelids. Her arm was rose and she quickly balled her fist, crushing every droid that was in the air before they dropped to the ground.

"Woah.." Obi-Wan said before he looked back at Valerie and saw that her eyes didn't change like the last time she did this at the Lurmen Village, instead the black part of her eyes went back to white but her orbs stayed pink.

"Valerie..?"

"I'm fine, Master Kenobi. It's just a normal thing these days.." Valerie said with a smile, however Obi-Wan did not return the smile. He only looked at her with concern. This was not the first time he saw this. He saw this with her mother, Stella, as a young Padawan soon to become a Jedi Master. He saw the way she looked at him with her bright pink orbs and the wide smirk on her face as he would be force choked by her.

He knew of her destiny as a Pink Jedi. He knew from the concerns raised by the Jedi Council. He knew that they would either have to train her to control them, or she would have to stay hidden from everyone, including her men, including Ahsoka, including themselves.

However, he continued on, running towards cover as soon as a machine blaster had began to fire on them. Valerie and Obi-Wan hid behind a large rock, along with Cody and some of their men, while the four troopers from earlier had made it to the other side. "We have to stop those droids, Master!"

Obi-Wan nodded before he looked back at Cody. "Try and get some of this neutralizers up there!" He shouted as Cody nodded. "I'll give you a hand!" Valerie offered, knowing that the droids were too far for the neutralizer to be affective from below.

Cody threw a neutralizer charge and Valerie quickly used the Force to lift it and over the side. Just as it reached inside the walls, it went off, immobilizing the droids before Valerie looked at the four troopers.

"One of you throw a neutralizer! I'll give a lift!" Valerie shouted to them as one of them nodded and he grabbed a neutralizer, threw it up, and Valerie quickly threw into the walls with the droids. The moment it detonated, the blasts had stopped and Valerie quickly got up, looking at the towers to see that the droids were immobilized on both sides.

"All clear!"

"We need to search the town, in case the Twi'lek are still there. Cody, I want you to send two of your best men to scout it." Master Kenobi said as Cody nodded to him.

"Yes, sir. Waxer, Boil." Cody called as two troopers came up to him. "Take Commander Brimm and scout the town for any more of the Twi'lek. And remember, we're here to help them."

"Yes, sir." Waxer said before they both turned to me. "Valerie? Make sure to only use your lightsaber when needed. We don't know what kind of dangers are in there." Master Kenobi warned as I nodded and gestured for the two men to follow me.

"It's like a ghost town out here.." I began as I looked around the town. Everything was deserted. Homes, shops, everything. "Yeah. It's a little creepy if you think about it." Waxer said which I immediately agreed with.

"Do you think they..killed them?" Boil asked as I shook my head. "No, because otherwise, there would have been bodies. I think..I think they were driven from their homes." I corrected sadly as I looked around.

"I don't understand sometimes. Why enslave people when they have nothing to do with the war?" Waxer asked as I stopped dead in my tracks. I turned back to both of them before I looked down at my feet.

"Because they want control. They want to feel superior. They want to rule the entire galaxy and make sure that anyone and anything would fear them. Haunt them at night. I know this because I've witnessed it myself first hand. And I often wonder sometimes the same question. Because I know there's more to it than what it seems." I said before we moved on.