Chapter Forty Nine: Trouble

"Careful, Rex. It's dark through here." Valerie said while avoiding a pipe that was about to hit her in the head, however, just after she did, she heard a ding and turned around to see Rex had hit his head on the pipe. "Ow!"

"Told you to be careful." Valerie said with a smirk before Rex had switched to night vision. "Ha, ha. Hilarious."

Valerie giggled before they continued walking to find a way out. "Master Skywalker, where are you?"

: We're making our way for the main hangar now. What about you? Did you find Master Ropal? :

"We did. He's gone, Master. We're not too far from the main hangar, so we'll meet you there." Valerie explained, avoiding another pipe which Rex had avoided this time due to the night vision. : Alright, be careful. Bane may still be on board. :

"Got it." Valerie and Rex made their way through the hallway, Rex watching the rear for any droids before they approached a door. "Man, if only R2 were here, he'd probably tell us where we are."

"Right. Well, let's get this door op-" Before Rex could finish, Valerie took her lightsaber to the keypad before the doors opened. "Or you could just do that."

Valerie and Rex entered the dark room, Valerie's lightsaber glowing bright, but not bright enough to see what was in the room. Then, out of nowhere, the lights started to turn on. Valerie was confused at first until she saw an army of droids and Cad Bane himself standing in front of him.

"Well, if it isn't the little slave girl.."

"I'm no slave girl anymore, Bane." Valerie said with venom in her voice as she got into a fighting stance. "Take 'em down!"

"Not before we take you down first." They heard as they both looked up and saw Anakin, Ahsoka, and the other troopers standing on a railway above. "Perfect timing, Master!" Anakin winked towards Valerie before himself, Ahsoka, and the others dropped down from the rail and began to fight.

Valerie deflected the shots that were being thrown at herself and Rex, Rex himself taking advantage of this and began aiming at nearby droids. Anakin and Ahsoka quickly came into Valerie's view and both began to deflecting shots as well.

"Go ahead, Blondie! The boys and I will be okay!" Rex exclaimed to her as she looked at him and nodded. "Don't get shot! You still owe me dinner!"

Rex laughed at this before Valerie smirked and went ahead, helping Anakin and Ahsoka. While the two were blocking shots and the clones were shooting at the droids, Valerie jumped ahead of the game, slicing down incoming B1 droids and super droids in her path just to get to the slime Cad Bane.

However, just as she took down another droid, she felt the gravity lift from inside the hangar, causing her to be lifted from the ground. "Woah!"

It was a good thing she could fly, because the moment she came to her senses, she powered up, flying straight at Bane as she did. She tackled him, landing a punch to his face before she threw him to a wall. When he hit the wall, he quickly grabbed his blasters and started shooting at her. She deflected them, though she didn't notice that it had hit one of the racks that held power cells.

"Blondie! Be careful! One shot to that thing and we're done for!" She heard Rex shout while pointing out the floating power cell. "Alright! But tell that to the droids while you're at it!"

Bane continued firing, Valerie blocking the shots once more before she force pushed him back into the wall. "You've gotten better. I'm impressed."

"Well, guess what? I'm not." Before Valerie could throw him down, he had towards the gravity back on in the room and he was sent falling to the ground. A small cube had fell from his pocket when he fell and Valerie immediately knew it was the Holocron and used the force to grab it.

"Looks I win, Bane. You're beaten." Valerie said, smirking down at him as she did. "Don't be so sure, little one."

A huge explosion went off and Valerie looked to see that the power cell that was floating around was shot and it had caused the ceiling to begin falling. With his rocket boosters, Bane flew out of the hangar missing the debris that was falling, Valerie quickly chasing after him."We'll get him, Master!"

She looked back and saw that Ahsoka had followed her and I quickly stopped flying to meet her on the ground. "Ahsoka? What are you doing?! You need to go help Master Skywalker."

"No! We can take him together!"

"Ahsoka go! I'll be okay! Your Master needs you alive! I'm not going to let you die! You don't know the kind of things that bounty hunter can do! I do!" Valerie exclaimed, placing a hand on her friend's shoulder. "Listen, Ahsoka, you'll get another chance, but right now, it's more important that you stay alive."

"I... understand. But you shouldn't have to risk your life for others all the time." Ahsoka defended, Valerie smiling softly. "It's what I do. Now, go. I'll catch up with you once I get Bane."

Ahsoka nodded hesitantly before she took off back towards the hangar, leaving Valerie to run after Bane again.