Chapter Fifty Two: Disguise

"Wake up, Val!" I heard as I shot up from my bed and looked around in alert, only to see Ahsoka grinning at me brightly. "Hey, Soka. What's with the wake up call?"

"Well, for one, Master Kenobi and Master Skywalker would like to see you. And two, your birthday's tomorrow!" My eyes went wide, completely forgetting that my own birthday was tomorrow and I smiled. "Wow, I completely forgot. How did you know it was tomorrow?"

"Master Kenobi told me prior. But hurry up, we don't want to keep him waiting!" Ahsoka exclaimed before running out of my quarters, leaving me to get myself together.

"Masters." I greeted as soon as I walked into the communication room, where there I saw Master Kenobi and Skywalker, while Master Yoda and Master Windu were holograms. : Valerie, glad you could join us. I'm sure you're aware of the situation with the spy amongst the Senate. :

"Yes, Master Windu. I was aware a week prior." I informed. : Well, we've been discussing it. We didn't think it was a good idea for you and Master Anakin Skywalker to help Senator Amidala with this mission. But she insisted. That's why we're going to place you as a handmaiden for the Senator to help with spying on Rush Clovis. :

"Rush Clovis? Great.."

: Anything to share, young Padawan? : Master Yoda asked as I sighed. "I don't know him personally, but he's not one of my favorites. I've heard he's working with Separatists, so..."

: You must not let your hatred towards Clovis affect your judgment, Valerie. The Senator is counting on you to protect her and help her with this mission. Understand? : Master Windu asked as I nodded. "Yes, Master. I understand."

: With that, I'll send a transport ship. And Valerie, Master Obi-Wan Kenobi has already received your disguise for you. : Master Windu said before Master Kenobi handed me a pair of clothes. "Thank you, Master."

: Good luck, my young Padawan. : Yoda said before I nodded and walked away to change.

"Blondie!" As I was walking back towards my quarters to change, I looked to see Rex coming up to my side, his helmet tucked under his arm. "Hey! You've come to see me off before I go?"

"Um..actually, I came to let you know, I'm coming." This made freeze dead in my tracks. I looked up at him with pure confusion while blinking a few times. "Um, what do you mean you're coming?"

"They assigned me as bodyguard for you and the Senator." Rex said simply as I blushed slightly. The fact that we were going on a mission together was just beyond crazy. But having Rex as me and Padmé's bodyguard, not that just took it to a whole different level.

"Oh, as our bodyguard? Huh.."

"Is that a problem?" Rex asked, an eyebrow raised as I quickly shook my head. "Oh, no, no! It's okay! I'm just surprised! They never told me.."

"Well, you know now. So, I'll meet you in the hangar in 15?" Rex asked as I nodded. Rex looked around, probably making sure no one was around before planting a kiss on my forehead. I giggled, before I ran my hand across his cheek.

"I'll see you soon." Was all Rex said before we pulled away and he walked off. The smile never left my face as I watched him disappear. My mom was right. I had people in my life to guide me. To show me how to handle things. To not let my emotions get the best of me. And I was grateful.

•

(I just thought this would look really pretty together

(I just thought this would look really pretty together.)

I walked into the main hangar, eyes wondering towards me as I did. Well, they've never seen me in a dress, so, I wouldn't be surprised they were shocked to see me in one. As I made my way towards the transport ship, I ran into Fives and Echo who were loading ships onto a different ship.

"Blondie! Hey! Looking good!" Fives shouted while throwing his thump in the air. I giggled before I nodded to him. "Thanks, Fives! I should be back soon!"

"Can't wait to have you back, Valerie!" Echo shouted back before I walked away and approached the ship. "Master Skywalker? Rex?"

"Oh, good! You're here!" I heard Master Skywalker say as I turned to see him and Rex standing behind me. "You're late."

"Well, I did have to get my disguise together, thank you." Master Skywalker said as I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. "You look pretty."

"Thank you. I would say the same for you, but uh.." I joked as I covered my mouth from laughing. I would see Master Skywalker did look good, he were one of the waiter outfits at the restaurants on Coruscant. They always did look nice.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Nothing. Nothing. Let's get moving!" Valerie laughed out before she walked onto the ship.

Rex watched as Valerie made her way onto the ship and he couldn't help but feel heat rise to his cheeks when he saw Valerie. As many times as he's seen Valerie with her hair braided back, the braids that had took some of the hair away from her face had lit up her forest green eyes perfectly. And he's never seen her in a dress before, so when he did, he was shocked to see how beautiful she looked. How she would have been the colorful picture that stood out in a black and white world.

She just looked perfect in every way.

"You know I can hear you, right?" Rex heard Anakin say as Rex shook out of his trance, his face reddened even more as he looked at the General.

"Sorry, sir." Anakin shook his head while laughing before patting his Captain's shoulder plate and walked onto the ship. "Get yourself together, Rex. Get yourself together."