Chapter Eighteen: Lurmen Village

I was woken by the sound of yelling and I jolted up quickly, crying out in pain when I did

I was woken by the sound of yelling and I jolted up quickly, crying out in pain when I did. This pain was more intense from last night, so I had looked down. And my eyes went wide when I saw two claw marks across my stomach. And they were large.

Someone must have heard me because I heard yelling and I saw Commander Bly run in. "We need the little guy over here now!"

Commander Bly had picked me up and threw my arm over his shoulders before running me out of the tent, just in time for one of the creatures from last night to be thrown into it. Rex and Ahsoka came up to me and had helped Commander Bly sent me to the ground. When they did, I also saw a creature, maybe one of the inhabitants on this planet, come up to me before it started to examine the scars.

"We need to get her back to the village. We need to get a properly treated or she will get an infection that can't be reversed." The creature said in concern before I soon saw Rex's helmet. "Alright, Blondie. Let's get you to your feet."

Rex helped me get up to my feet, but I yelped in pain when the pain from the scratches got to me. He immediately grabbed hold of me and lifted me onto his back. "I gotcha, kid." I panted softly, letting pain subside before I could breath normally again. Ahsoka and Master Aayla had gathered the rest of the supplies that we still had before we were back on the move again.

While walking, I felt bad for doing this to Rex. I felt I was slowly him down. I knew because almost everyone was ahead of us, except the creature, who I found out was the son of the leader of the Lurmen Village named Wag Too. He must fallen behind so he could watch out for me. I didn't say anything to Rex until..

"Hey, Blondie. You doing alright back there?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just..I feel like I'm a burden on you. I feel I'm slowing you down." I admitted as I felt him tense him, even though his armor. "Rex?"

"You will never, EVER, be a burden on me. I will carry you a thousand miles if I have to. I will make sure you get to where you need to go so you can get better. I will lay down my life just to save yours. You can believe that, Valerie. I will do anything to protect you." Rex blurted out as my eyes went wide at the words. He used my name, which he rarely does, he only uses it when he's serious. And plus, all the things he said, I don't know why, but I had to shed tears at that.

Those words made me feel whole. Like I mattered. Some people would think I'm crazy, or I have lost it, but for some reason, my heart had fluttered when I heard him talk. I couldn't have been falling for Rex. It's forbidden. I can't love anyone and neither can he.

But ultimately, this feeling may never go away.

"T-thanks, Rex. I..really appreciate that coming from you." I said while I had slightly tightened my arms around his neck. We walked a little further before I had fallen asleep. When I woke up again, I saw Master Aayla and Ahsoka sitting around me. I had sat up, only to hiss a bit in pain when the pain from the scratches came to me. "Easy, Val. You're still hurt." Ahsoka said while slightly grasping my shoulder.

"Where are we?" I asked before another one of the creatures that looked like Wag Too approached me. "Um..Snips?"

"It's okay, Val. He's the leader of the Lurmen Village. He's Tee Watt Kaa." Ahsoka introduced as I nodded and I slightly waved at him. "How are you doing, child?"

"Um..I'm fine. I still have pain but nothing too serious." I admitted as I smiled slightly. "That's good. Hopefully, you'll be well enough to be up and at it soon."

"Wait..what?"

"Valerie, we can't stay. This planet has their ways with neutrality and we must respect it." Master Aayla said as I looked at her, then at Ahsoka, then down to my lap. It's true. We couldn't stay. I remember one time Master Kenobi said we can't interfere with a planer's neutrality. Only if necessary. If they ask us not to disturb the past, then we need to respect it. "I understand, Master Aayla. I'll try to get better as fast as possible, Tee Watt Kaa."

"I hope so." Was all he said before he left out of the tent. "Um..Ahsoka? Could you help me up? All this laying down's got my legs falling asleep." Ahsoka nodded before  she quickly came over to me and helped me to my feet.

"Hey, Shiny! Good to see you're up." Master Skywalker said as I nodded. "Yeah. I had to walk around for a bit, I felt like a statue just lying there."

"Well, glad you're up because there's someone who's been waiting to see you.." Master Skywalker said with a smirk as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Who..?" Master Skywalker nodded his head to the side and I looked to see Rex sitting on a hill from a distance. I felt my blood rush to my cheeks before I quickly thanked him and walked away towards the hill.