Chapter Sixteen: Soul

"Ahsoka! What's going on?! Why did the power to the ship cut off?!" Rex asked through the commlink

"Ahsoka! What's going on?! Why did the power to the ship cut off?!" Rex asked through the commlink. But instead of Ahsoka answering, Anakin instead answered, "We had to cut off the auxiliary power to come from out of hyperspace."

"Wait, hyperspace? How the heck did we jump to hyperspace?" Rex asked himself before the power to the ship turned back on and Valerie's life support was back on as well. The ship began to rumble once more, Rex quickly grabbing hold of Valerie from any further injuries before there was a loud bang and Rex was sent flying into a wall, still keeping hold of Valerie as he did.

"Ah..come on, Blondie. I'm getting you out of here now." Rex said as he threw his helmet on and picked Valerie up bridal style once more before running out of the medical bay.

"Where are they?" Ahsoka asked as she looked through the wreckage for her friends. "Master, we have to go back for them.."

"Wait! Look!" Commander Bly exclaimed as the others looked towards the burning ship to see Rex rushing out with Valerie in his arms just in time for the ship to explode. "Captain! Good to see you made it out!"

"How is she, Rex?" Anakin said while taking Valerie from Rex as he did. "She's alive, that's as much as I know right now."

"Alright, Ahsoka, help Commander Bly and the other troopers set up tents." Anakin said as Ahsoka nodded and she gathered a couple of troopers and Commander Bly to help her.

"Will she be okay?" Ahsoka asked as Anakin approached her while placing a hand on her shoulder. "She'll be okay, Snips. Once we find a medic, she'll get better."

"But where will we find a medic? There's probably no one here on this planet." Ahsoka complained before Commander Bly and Master Aayla approached them. "General Skywalker, we found this not too far away. Looks like this planet is inhabited." Master Aayla said while showing the wood to Anakin.

"Hmm..Snips? Have an idea?" Anakin asked as Ahsoka grabbed the wood and looked at it closely. "Hmm..well, this was carved on wood. So maybe whoever lives here live near trees."

"But there aren't any trees in sight, sir.." A clone trooper, Lucky, had said as Ahsoka closed her eyes. Using the Force, she tried to sense anything like trees or nature and her eyes went wide as she felt it. "It's that way." Ahsoka pointed to the west before Anakin nodded.

"Good work, Snips. Okay, Master Aayla, you, Ahsoka, and the rest of the troopers find the inhabitants and a medic, Rex and I will stay and watch over Valerie." Anakin insisted as Ahsoka shook her head.

"Maybe I should stay." Ahsoka said as she looked at Valerie. "Ahsoka, it's gonna be okay. Besides, you and Master Aayla are faster. The faster you get to these inhabitants, the quicker we can get medical help for Shiny and get off this planet."

Ahsoka sighed, rubbing her arm in nervousness before she approached Valerie. "Hang in there, Val. We'll be back soon. I promise you'll get better soon."

Ahsoka grasped her friend's hand in comfort before she squeezed it and stood up from her knelt position. "She'll be okay, Kid." She heard Rex say as she nodded and began to walk away.

"Hey Kid?"

Ahsoka stopped, turning her head to face him. "Good luck out there and don't worry. She'll get better." Rex said with a small smile before Ahsoka returned it and she took off along with Master Aayla and the other troopers.

" Rex said with a small smile before Ahsoka returned it and she took off along with Master Aayla and the other troopers

"Do you think they'll make it in time, sir?" Rex asked as his eyes wandered from the field to Valerie who was sleeping peacefully. He didn't notice it before, but this time when he looked, he noticed that she had a black eye. She must have got it from the explosion.

He sighed before looking back at Anakin. "I'm sure she'll be okay, Rex. She's not going to die, not while we're here." Anakin assured as Rex shook his head. "I don't like the fact that we're on a planet we know nothing about or what we'll be up against."

"I agree." Anakin said as they both looked into the dark field. They heard noises in the fields, and both Anakin and Rex held their weapons tightly to themselves, preparing themselves for an attack. Anakin felt a presence and he quickly turned only to see that Valerie was settled on her knees and her entire body was glowing a dark red. Her eyes were wide open and glowing as well.

Anakin and Rex both looked at each other before Valerie moved her head from Anakin's direction then to Rex. "It's okay. You don't have to fear me."

"W-what?"

"You don't have to be afraid, Master Skywalker." Valerie said as Anakin nodded slightly. "Are you okay? Are you still in pain?" Rex asked in worry as Valerie shook her head.

"This is my soul form. I don't feel anything. However, Ahsoka and Master Aayla must hurry. If not, then the concussion I suffered will become worse and my brain will bleed." Valerie explained as Anakin's eyes softened. "Well, what do we do?"

"I will be fine for now. But we're running out of time." Valerie said before a twig was snapped and Valerie quickly took her attention to it. Anakin and Rex did the same, holding up their weapons as they did.

Out of nowhere, something leaped from out of the grass and had tackled Rex to the ground. Then another came and was about to tackle Anakin, but he levitated it in the air and threw it back.

"AHH!" Valerie heard as she looked at the beast before her and Rex was struggling against it. She closed her eyes, feeling her powers being absorbed before she released the energy, watching as the creatures took it as a warning and ran off.

 She closed her eyes, feeling her powers being absorbed before she released the energy, watching as the creatures took it as a warning and ran off

Valerie clasped to the ground, her body going back to it's natural form and not it's glowing dark red form. "Valerie!"

Anakin came up to the girl and shook her, but she had been knocked unconscious again. "Rex! Help me get her back to the tent!"

"Yes, sir!"