Chapter Fifteen: Injured

"General Skywalker! Are you on your way here?!" I heard Master Aayla shout over the commlink as I looked out the gunship to see the burning cruiser flying into the atmosphere

"General Skywalker! Are you on your way here?!" I heard Master Aayla shout over the commlink as I looked out the gunship to see the burning cruiser flying into the atmosphere. "Yes, Master Aayla! We're almost there!"

"Master, how are we suppose to get there with all these droids flying around?!" Ahsoka shouted to him as he smirked at her. "Now you should know me by now, Snips.." Was all he said before he jumped out of the gunship and onto one of the super droids. "Wait, Master-"

"Is he always like that?" Echo asked as I nodded. "That's General Skywalker for you." The conversation ended quickly when our gunship was suddenly hit. I felt our altitude dropping and I quickly grabbed hold of something.

"Kid, Blondie-!"

"We know! We're holding on!" Ahsoka shouted as I grabbed her and shielded her as our gunship crashed into the burning cruiser. As soon as it did, everyone had jumped off the gunship. "Rex! I need you and a few of your men to follow me to find General Skywalker and General Aayla!"

"You got it, Blondie! Jacks, Banks, Echo, on me!" Rex shouted as himself and the three troopers followed me into the wreckage. "Ahsoka, try and hold this area as long as you can until we get back!" I shouted back to Ahsoka as she nodded. "You got it, Val!"

"Alright, follow me!" I shouted to Rex and the others as we ran through, taking out the super droids as we did. I used the Force to try and locate Master Skywalker and Master Aayla, which didn't take along when we saw blaster fires being thrown back and forth near a hallway up ahead.

"Master Skywalker!" I called out as I stood side by side with both of them and Rex and the others held positions. "We need to get going now!"

"Alright! Let's go!" Master Skywalker shouted to the others as everyone began to back out while I deflected the shots. "Shiny! Let's go!"

When the last droid went down, I followed them, watching their back as I did. "Ahsoka, I need you to meet us near the emergency dock at the West corridor." I said through the commlink before Ahsoka acknowledged.

"Master Skywalker! Ahsoka's on her way to that shipping dock!" I acknowledged to Master Skywalker as we arrived at the emergency dock. "They should be here by now.."

Before I could get to Ahsoka again, a rumbling had erupted and I sensed a explosion coming. "Come on, Ahsoka. Come on." I mumbled before I saw Ahsoka and the other troopers approach. "Let's go!"

"Alright, everybody in now!" Master Skywalker shouted as everyone began to run into the ship. I saw that the explosion was getting closer and closer to us and without thinking, I force pushed everyone into the ship. I tried to hold the explosion back, but it began to make me feel exhausted.

"Blondie! Everyone's through! Let's go!" I heard Rex shouted as I breathed slowly. "Keep moving! I'm on my way!" I shouted back before I force pushed him one more time through another door. I held it some more before I quickly let it go and I jumped through the door. But the explosion came too quickly and the force from it caused me to be thrown into another wall, being quickly knocked out as it did.

"Blondie!" Rex shouted as he picked the girl up and carried her bridal style into the ship. When he got in there, Ahsoka came up to him and she gasped. "What happened?"

"She got knocked out by the explosion. But there's no time to explain! We need to go!" Rex shouted as Ahsoka took Valerie from Rex's arms and rushed her to the medical bay. "Doc, I need you to do a scan of her fast." Ahsoka said the medical bot came up to Valerie and began to scan her.

Ahsoka waited until the bot was done before listening. "She has suffered a minor concussion, she has a bruised rib, and a dislocated shoulder."

"Oh my Force! Is there any way you can-?" Ahsoka was cut off by a rumbling and the ship being tilting slightly to the side. "What was that?"

"Kid! General Skywalker needs you up in the cockpit with Commander Bly now!" Rex shouted as Ahsoka looked at Valerie.

"But-"

"I got her! Don't worry!" Rex assured as Ahsoka ran out of the medical bay, leaving him to watch of the injured girl. He had taken his helmet off for a moment, to stare at Valerie with his own eyes, not behind the black visor. He took her hand in his gloves one and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Stay with us, Blondie. You're a tough gal. I believe it. I know you can't fight this alone, so I'm letting you know now. You've got me. You've got the General. You've got Ahsoka. Even Fives, Echo, and the 501st. You have everyone here to support you. All we want is our Commander. That's it." Rex said in a tone of comfort. Even in this war of distress and fear, his words were soothing.

A light squeeze was felt and Rex looked at the girl to see her smile slightly. Even though she was knocked out, that didn't mean she didn't heard his words. Rex felt his mind ease a bit before there was a lot rumbling. Rex thought they were about to approach another planet until the power in the ship turned off, including Valerie's life support.

"Valerie? Valerie! What the hell? What are they doing?!"