Chapter Twelve: Training Pt. 2

"Focus your mind, Valerie

"Focus your mind, Valerie. Let your mind be clear of all thoughts, of all feelings, of all the emotion." Master Windu said to me as I nodded and I closed my eyes. I did my best to take my mind away from my main concerns. This new power, the safety of the people I care about, my mom, my father. All was washed away as I continued to focus.

"Now, this new power, I want you to demonstrate." I nodded before I concentrated even more and I soon found myself floating about 3 feet from my normal height. And I was glowing again. Master Windu and Master Yoda looked at each other in disbelief before I slowly lowered myself back to the ground. "And this has recently emerged, correct?" Master Windu asked as I nodded.

"Control your powers you must. Focus your mind in order to hit a certain target you must." Master Yoda said as I nodded and I closed my eyes once again. My mind was calm and I tried keeping it that way. But something began to find it's way to my mind. I heard the screams and cries of children in my mind, I began to see fire raging and dead bodies all around me.

"No.." I mumbled as I began to sweat from feeling the fire near me. "No!"

"You will join us, my dear. I can assure you I will protect you." I heard my father say I shook my head. "No! Leave me alone! LEAVE ME ALONE!!"

"You can't hide from me forever, my daughter." He said as I screamed, feeling my head being ripped apart. I opened my eyes only to see I was levitating once more and a burst of energy was released from me, knocking down both Master Windu and Master Yoda.

"Masters!" I called out as my feet touched the ground and I ran up to them both helping Master Yoda up first, then Master Windu. "I'm so sorry! I-I-I tried to control it, but..!"

"Your fault this is not. A disturbance in the force I felt. Your father it might have been." Master Yoda said as I nodded. "I felt it, too. Your father must know what you are if he's starting to manipulate your mind now." Master Windu said as I looked down at my feet.

"I know. He tried to get me to join him. I kept refusing, but it's like my powers were ripping me apart to follow him." I admitted as tears began to well up in my eyes. "We know. That's why we must teach you how to control your powers, or you will have to hide them for the rest of your life.." Master Windu said to me as I sighed heavily.

"Whatever I have to do.. I'll do it." I complied before Master Windu and Master Yoda nodded to me. "Discuss this matter later we will. Get some rest you must." Master Yoda said as I bowed slightly and smiled.

"Thank you, Master. Again, I'm really sorry for what happened." I said before I walked out of the Council room, leaving Master Yoda and Master Windu to talk amongst each other.

I sat in my old room, staring at my hands which were now glowing from the nervousness and anxiety running through my veins.

Usually, when I was about to have a nervous breakdown, I would talk to Rex, Fives, or Ahsoka. But I wasn't sure if either of them were on a mission or not. But I felt it coming. So I had called Ahsoka and Fives, but neither of them answered. So this time, I called Rex. My commlink beeped a few times before a full body hologram appeared and it was Rex.

"Hey, Rexter."

"Hey, Blondie. What's the problem?" Rex asked as I sighed and sat down in a chair, while sitting the hologram on the table. "I don't know, Rex. I..I feel like I know who I am, and yet, I feel like I barely know myself."

"What do you mean?" He asked as I shook my head. "Well, I told Master Windu and Master Yoda about what happened back on the Rishi Moon, and they told me that my powers could possibly mean that my fate might change for the worse."

"I don't think that will happen, Blondie. You're too kind-hearted for that." Rex said as I smiled softly.

"Thanks, Rex

"Thanks, Rex. I just.. don't want anyone looking at me a certain way if it so happen the secret of my powers did spread." I admitted while Rex nodded. "And if it ever did, you got me, Fives, and the whole 501st standing with you. You can best believe that. These men really respect you for the courage of you have, Kid."

"Well, they're going to appreciate me more because I think Master Windu and Master Yoda are letting me leave early. Probably by in a few days." I assured as Rex's face lit up slightly. "Really? So soon?"

"Yeah. I told you it wouldn't take long." I said with a smirk. "Why? You miss me already?"

"No." My jaw dropped into a fake offended face before I placed a hand on my chest. "Wow, Rex. I'm starting to think maybe Fives might be my favorite clone trooper now."

"Well, I'm the Captain, so I basically outrank him in the 'Blondies Favorite Clone Trooper's list.' " Rex said with a smirk as I laughed. "Oh, you better be glad Fives didn't hear that."

Rex laughed with me before it died down. "It's good to see you, Rex. Hopefully, I'll see you soon."

"You too, Kid. I'll send the Generals and the 501st your regards." Rex assured as I nodded and smiled. "Thank you, Rex. See you soon." The transmission ended and my mind began to feel at ease again. Rex is a really good influence to me, and speaking with him, it felt like we had a connection. Almost like we knew each other too well.

Almost like Ahsoka and I. But what worries me now is that my father will do what it takes to ruin my relationship with the people I care about and get to join him and the Separatists.

"That's not gonna happen." I thought to myself as I kicked my boots off and laid on my cot.