Chapter Twenty Eight: Exposed

"Where'd he go?" Valerie asked as soon as she found Rex and Cody

"Where'd he go?" Valerie asked as soon as she found Rex and Cody. "We tracked him out here. He's near one of those gunships." Rex said as she nodded and the three of them follow the signal towards a nearby gunship. As soon as they rounded about, however, they saw that it was an explosive, not Slick.

"Back away! Now!" Valerie shouted as she grabbed both Rex and Cody's forearms and pulled them away, the three of them falling backwards as the explosive went off. But it wasn't just one. Slick must have remotely connected all the bombs to go off at the same time, because another explosive went off, then another.

"He took out our weapons depot. He's not trying to escape." Cody said as Valerie got up to her feet and helped the two up.

"Well, what do we do? We don't know where he is." Valerie said. As if on cue, one of the troopers from Slick's barracks, Jester, came up to them and said:

"Sir, I saw Slick heading towards the command center."

"Alright. Good man. Let's go!" Rex said as the three ran back towards the command center.

"Hmm

"Hmm..you guys know Slick, what would he do?" I asked as we looked around the command center. I had felt Slick's presence in the room, so I knew he was in here.

"Well, my cover's blown, so it's time to go, but I don't take a ship to make it obvious." Rex began before he tapped my shoulder. I looked at him before following his gaze to the footprints in the controls which led to the vent above. I nodded slowly before smirking at him.

"The lockdown. He's trying to get past the lockdown." Cody said as I nodded. "But he's blinded us by knocking out the power. He could have disabled the entire security system!" Rex explained as I nodded.

"Yeah. That's what he expects from us." Cody said setting an empty blaster on the control panel.

"Or does he? Yeah, I see what you mean." Rex said before he went towards the door. "You two go to the south exit." I said as they both ran towards the door.

"What about you, Blondie?" Cody asked as I smirked towards them. "I'm going to try and get the power back up. Don't worry, I can take care of myself." They both nodded before they left out the command center and I turned around. I heard a soft thud before slow heavy footsteps approach me and I smirked.

"Hey, Slick. Remember me?" I asked as I felt something press against my head. "Guess what? The blaster's empty." I said while holding the magazine that was in it. I turned around and saw that Rex and Cody were now behind him with both of Rex's blasters aimed at him.

"Don't think I forgot about you punching me in my eye. That was a rookie move, Slick." I said while glaring at him so much, that if looks could kill, he'd be dead twice. "And hitting a lady isn't really our style, traitor." Rex said while pressing his blaster against Slick's back.

"And you want to know what the funny thing is? We knew you'd never take a chance with the exits while they're blocked." Cody said as Slick dropped the empty blaster, while holding his hands up.

"I'd stay here to open them myself first. Just like you." Slick said as I shook my head with a smirk. "News flash, buddy. I'm a Jedi. I can sense you even before I know you're in here."

"That's our girl." Rex said as I blushed  Slick turned to him while laying his hands down. "I'm not the traitor. You are!" Before I know it, Rex had been elbowed in the nose and Cody had taken a knee to the face. I gasped as I levitated Slick in the air and threw him to the ground, trying to knock him out, but he quickly got to his feet and sped up towards me, punching me again in my face and sending me to the ground.

"Blondie!" I heard as I sat up and looked to see that Slick had taken Cody down and then Rex was taken down, too, but Slick was attempting to break Rex's leg. How did I know? The crack. I heard that crack.

I closed my eyes before I used a force push and pushed at Slick, knocking him into the wall and he was out on the ground. I panted softly, walking over to Rex to help him up from off the ground. "You two okay?" I asked as I looked back and saw Cody was on his feet and was walking over to Slick with cuffs.

"We're fine. Are you okay? You got hit pretty bad back there." Rex said as he got to his feet.

"Yeah. That punch was nothing. I could handle it." I said before I helped Cody pick up Slick. "Okay, let's get him out of here."

"Slick? It was you?" Master Kenobi asked as Slick glared slightly at both him and Master Skywalker

"But why? Why would you betray your own brothers?" Master Skywalker asked as Slick scoffed. "Only a Jedi would ask that. I did it because I wanted freedom! Freedom from this war! Freedom from being one of your pawns in it! We blindly follow orders while you sit on the sidelines! We're nothing but expendable clones to you!"

"You know that's not true, Slick.." I said to him as I glared even more, if it was possible, at him. "We don't think of you as pawns in a war. We think of you as good men who are doing the right thing for the galaxy. I don't think you did it for freedom, you did it because the Separatists offered you money. If you really wanted freedom, you could have walked away. You didn't have to put your brothers at risk. You are no soldier and you are no hero."

Rex, Cody, and the Masters all looked at me in shock before I approached Slick, staring at him eye to eye.

"You are a coward. You'd betray your brothers for a Separatist cause. You'd put us all at risk for your own deeds." I mumbled before I shook my head. "Get him out of here.."

"Take him to lockup." Cody ordered two clone troopers as they walked up to Slick and carried him out. "That was brave of you to do that, young Padawan." I heard Master Kenobi said as I looked back at him.

"He needed to hear it. And I hope he thinks long and hard about what I said too. I'm going to go back to my quarters." I said as I walked away, leaving the Masters, Rex, and Cody to talk amongst themselves.