Chapter Thirty Four: Last Words

"There they are!" Ahsoka shouted as the group and myself turned the corner to see at least 7 or 8 droids surrounding one of the entrances and one was up drilling through it

"There they are!" Ahsoka shouted as the group and myself turned the corner to see at least 7 or 8 droids surrounding one of the entrances and one was up drilling through it. "Take 'em up!"

Blast fire erupted between both sides and I quickly made her way through the droids, each falling to the ground from either me or by the others.

"Jar Jar! No!" I heard as I looked back and saw that Padmé had went down. "No!"

"I got her, Valerie! Go!" I nodded before I ran up to the entrance and I looked the tunnel and saw that one of the droids had just started drilling before I force pulled it down and slashed it when it came down to me.

I groaned loudly as I rested against the ladder. I knew the virus was getting to me quickly because I was exposed to too much of it. "Valerie!"

I felt a hand on my back and I turned to see Ahsoka at my side. "I'm...fine, Ahsoka. What about the Senator?"

"Her suit's been compromised, but you're getting worse. We need to get you back to the safe room. Rex, Senator Amidala, you take Valerie back to the safe room. We'll continue the sweep." Ahsoka said as Rex came up and took me from her.

"You got it, kid. I got you, Blondie." Rex said before I nodded and the three of us took off back down the hall towards the safe room.

"Rex, watch after Valerie. I'll try to contact General Skywalker." Padmé said as Rex nodded. "You got it, ma'am."

Rex heard coughing and looked to see Valerie groaning loudly, holding her stomach as she did. "Blondie..?"

"Rex..it hurts.." Valerie said as she looked at Rex with tears in her eyes. "I know. I know it does. You just have to hang on until General Skywalker or General Kenobi finds a cure."

Valerie nodded before she sighed. "C..Can you sit..with me, Rex?"

Rex's eyes went wide slightly before he hesitantly nodded and sat down against wall next to Valerie. Rex and Valerie sat like this for a minute before Rex felt a weight on his shoulder plate and looked to see Valerie leaned her head on it.