Chapter Thirty Eight: Evacuate

"Hello, Master Kenobi

"Hello, Master Kenobi."

: Hello, my dear. I've heard about your progress from Anakin. I'm deeply sorry for the loss of your squad. : Master Kenobi said as I nodded, looking down at my hands which rested on the panel.

"It..um..Ahsoka took it hard. I just hope what I told her will open her mind a bit." I admitted as Master Kenobi nodded. : I know one day, you'll make a great teacher, Valerie. But, I hate to get back onto the subject, but have you made an plan on getting through to the blockade? :

"Not yet, Master. Master Skywalker hasn't went over it. So, hopefully, he has a plan or the Twi'lek are doomed." I said as Master Kenobi nodded. : Indeed. Make sure Anakin has an ACTUAL plan. :

"Heh, you got it, Master." I said with a chuckle before the transmission ended and I sighed. "Well, looks like I'm going to have a talk with Master Skywalker about his plan."

"That is, if he has a plan.." I heard as I looked at one of the clone officers. "I'm pretty sure he does, but it'll probably be involved with destroying something.."

"When General Kenobi said that you would make a great teacher one day, he's right." Rex said as soon as we left the command center.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I believe that you'd be a great role model for your Padawan, whoever it will be." Rex said as I blushed. Hearing him say something like that always gets me bashful. It just makes my love for him even more stronger. I wanted to grab his hand and just hold with love and comfort, but there were too many eyes, so instead I playfully bumped my shoulder into his.

"Aww, that's so sweet of you, Captain." I joked as Rex laughed. "Well, you know me.."

"Um..of course! And besides, even though Fives and Echo are sweet, you're sweeter." I complimented as Rex looked down at me.

"Oh, really? Then who's the sweetest?"

"That will have to be taken by Ahsoka. But if I was specifically talking clones, then, Captain Rex, you would proclaimed the sweetest. Then Fives and Echo would be sweeter, and then Cody would be just sweet." I replied with a bright smile as Rex chuckled. "Yeah, I agree. Commander Tano is sweet. But almost as sweet as you are."

"Aww, Rex. You're making me blush over here." I teased, once again playfully bumping my shoulder into his. Just as we were about to talk again, an alarm went off and both Rex and I looked at each other.

"What's that?"

"An evacuation alarm. Either we're about to be attack by something, or General Skywalker just startled us with that alarm to get our attention." Rex said as I rolled my eyes. "Bet you some lunch tomorrow that it's the second."

"Ooh, your loss." Rex and I made our way to the main hangar just in time to see Master Skywalker and the other clone troopers beginning to move weapons and supplies onto transports. "Damn it."

"Well, looks like lunch is on you tomorrow." Rex said, I could hear the smirk in his voice and I punched in the arm lightly. "Shut up! And besides, I was already going to get us lunch tomorrow."

"Sure you were."

As we approached Master Skywalker, he turned to us and quickly smiled when he saw us. "Shiny! Perfect timing! I'm going to need you and Rex to help with the evacuation off the Defender."

"Um..I can see that, Master Skywalker, but why?" I asked as Master Skywalker looked at Rex. "Can you give us a minute, Rex?"

"You got it, sir." Rex had walked off to continue with the evacuation, leaving Master Skywalker and I to talk about it. "Okay, so Ahsoka and I had a discussion earlier while you were talking with Obi-Wan, and she mentioned that we can't break through the blockade with just a simple squadron of fighters. So, I had a thought that why don't I pilot the Defender into the blockade and destroy it?"

"But, Master! That's suicide! You won't make it out!" I exclaimed as Master Skywalker placed his hand on my shoulder. "No, I will. Because I'm going to get to an escape pod before it even gets destroyed. And you and Ahsoka are going to have to find a way to take out the remaining vulture droids once I'm out." He explained as I sighed.

"This is going to be a difficult one, Master. But I'm sure Ahsoka and I will figure something out." I assured as he nodded. "Master..?"

Both Master Skywalker and I looked to see Ahsoka approach us, confusion and worry written all over her face. "What's going on?"

"Don't worry, Ahsoka. Valerie will fill you in on everything. Right now, attention, everyone, attention!" Master Skywalker shouted as every clone turned their head to look at him.

"As you all know, the Defender is being evacuated. I'm leaving Commander Ahsoka Tano and Commander Brimm in charge. They'll fill you in with all the details and specifications." Master Skywalker said as Ahsoka and I looked at each other in confusion and shock.

"Master, wait!" Ahsoka whisper shouted as Master Skywalker winked at her. "Good luck, Ahsoka.."

"Master.." Ahsoka groaned out as she watched him disappear onto his shuttle, leaving Ahsoka and I to look at each other and groan.

"Why do I feel like he wanted to do that on purpose?" Ahsoka began as I shrugged.

"Because he did.."

"Awaiting your orders, Commanders.." Ahsoka and I heard Rex say as Ahsoka glanced at me then began to walk away. "I'll be on the bridge."

"Okay, um, Rex, have your men continue to evacuation and meet us on the bridge immediately afterwards." I said as Rex nodded. "You got it, Blondie. Alright, you heard her, boys! Back to work!"