Chapter Forty Three: Ryloth Pt. 4

"Sir, the men are ready to move out

"Sir, the men are ready to move out." Cody said once we caught up with Master Kenobi. "Good. The little girl's name is Numa. She had witnessed the droids drive everyone in the village out and she barely escaped. She thought you were droids when you appeared."

"Hmm.. that's why she seemed so on edge when she kept looking at Waxer and Boil. Does she know where they are?" I asked as I looked at Waxer, Boil, and the girl, Numa.

"She does. They're at the center of the city. She said that it's not too far from here and can lead us there through the tunnels." Obi-Wan said as he pointed to the tunnels. "Okay, well, here's what we can do, Master. I can take Cody and some men and we can create a distraction for you while you and the others sneak inside and free the Twi'leks."

"Excellent plan, Valerie. Alright, Cody, I want you to take some of your best men. You're going to take the droids out that are in front of the gates. I'll take a few men with me to rescue the Twi'lek. Understood?"

"Yes, sir. Alright, men! Move out!"

"Is it her?"

"Yes. She's with the clones. She's too heavily protected for us to strike."

"But, Vizsla, if she is next in line to the throne of Mandalore, we need to end this now."

"When the time is right, we'll watch her crumble. But for now, we wait."

"Okay, when I say go, we'll make it for the gate." Valerie said as she soon as her, Cody and the men hid. She looked past their cover and saw that there at least two dozen B1 battle droids, a dozen super droids and no more than 4 tanks.

"Oh, geez. Um..let me worry about the tanks. You guys just handle the droids." Valerie said as Cody nodded.

"You got it, kid." He said before Valerie smirked. "Let's do this, boys!"

"You heard her, men! Give 'em hell!" Cody shouted before everyone came from behind their cover and began to attack. Valerie had ran up towards a few battle droids, striking them down as she did. She, at one point, felt shots being fired at her body. She felt the tingling burn of the blasts, but it didn't affect her in any way. She didn't know why.

But she took her focus away from it before quickly using the Force and crushed up at least half of the droids to make it easier for Cody and his men.

: How you doing, Blondie?! : She heard Cody ask over the comms as she began blocking shots. "I'm doing alright! And I can tell from your voice that you're alright, just struggling?"

: You know me..too well! : Cody replied as Valerie rolled her eyes, running up to a few super droids and stabbing and cutting at them. "Is it the tanks?!"

: Yeah! It's got us backed into a corner! We can't make our way to you unless those tanks are down! : Cody exclaimed as Valerie saw the tanks firing directly at the men. She immediately ran up to the closest tank, cutting a hole through the commands and cutting up the controls. When the tank had stopped functioning, Valerie climbed through the tank, cutting up the two droids inside before jumping out of the tank.

"Cody, get your eyes ready for tears because I'm about to make your day." Valerie joked over the comms before she flew up, grabbed the neck of the blaster, and with all her strength began to swing the tank around, crashing it into one other tank, then the one next to it, both blowing up on contact before she threw it into the last tank, that one blowing up on contact as well.

: What..did..I..just..see? : Valerie heard Cody ask over the comms in disbelief and shock as she chuckled and planted her feet on the ground.

see? : Valerie heard Cody ask over the comms in disbelief and shock as she chuckled and planted her feet on the ground

"Master Kenobi, the front gate is clear. But I don't think the fight is over." Valerie said through the commlink before she waited for his reply. As she did, Cody and the rest of the men approached her, all giving the teen praise as they did.

"That was...the most awesome thing I've ever seen in my life! How did you do that?" Cody exclaimed as I placed my hands on my hips. "I literally have inhuman senses and super strength. Not to mention, super flight and a habit of not lying.."

"Wait, what?"

Valerie shrugged her shoulders. The gate doors began to open and Valerie, Cody, and the men quickly prepared themselves, thinking it was more droids. But they were surprised when they saw Obi-Wan with his men and the Twi'lek hostages.

"Master Kenobi! Thank goodness you're alive." Valerie exclaimed as Obi-Wan smiled, placing his hand on her shoulder as soon as he was in arms-length.

"I see you're doing alright, my dear."

"I'm great, Master." Valerie replied before bowing slightly. She felt a force knock into her and she looked down to see Numa was hugging her by the hip.

"Numa! Numa!"

"It's good to see you, too, Numa." Valerie said while hugging the girl back. "No, Valerie. I believe she's calling you her sister."

Valerie's face went to pure shock as she heard Obi-Wan say that before her comforting smile had plant itself on her face. She hugged the girl a little tighter when she realized what she was saying before the girl ran off back to her family. "You have a fan, I see?"

"Master, I'm glad I do. That's all I ever want to do. I want to be a role model for other children, other people. I don't have what my father had now inside of me. I don't feel any hate, any sadistic nature in me." Valerie admitted as Obi-Wan nodded.

"And I believe you, Valerie. Believe me, I do. I was wary the first time you used your powers on Master Yoda and Master Windu. It grew concerns in the council. But, when I see you use your powers for good, I feel there is nothing to worry about." Obi-Wan admitted as well while Valerie smiled. She heard a roaring engine and looked up to see a Republic cruiser had arrived.

"Finally! They're here!"

"Anakin, glad to have you here." Obi-Wan said as soon as himself, Valerie, and Cody met up with Anakin, Rex, and Ahsoka.

"You look worn out, Master."

"Indeed I am. But I don't think we would have made it possible without the help of Valerie and her skills." Obi-Wan praised as Valerie blushed in embarrassment.

"Well, I can't take all the credit. Cody has some fine men in his legion. They were the ones who helped me make it happen." Valerie said while patting Cody on his shoulder plate.

"Well, we're glad you're alright, Shiny. We need to get these supplies to the towns towards the west. Think you and Rex could handle that?" Anakin asked with a small wink as Valerie rolled her eyes.

"You got it, Master Skywalker." She mumbled before herself and Rex walked away. "Ugh! Rex! Thank goodness you came when you did! I was lonely!"

"Ha! I bet you were. It was super quiet on the cruiser without you there." Rex said as Valerie looked around hoping nobody was looking before grabbing his hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Oh my Force, I missed you.." Valerie mumbled as Rex chuckled.

"Well, I'm here now, I'm here."