Chapter Twenty: Expendable

"Do you think they'll be okay?" I asked Master Aayla as she sighed

"Do you think they'll be okay?" I asked Master Aayla as she sighed. "I'm not sure. Maybe. But as General Skywalker said before, we must respect their neutrality."

"But they could die. We don't know what the Separatists plan to do to them!" Ahsoka exclaimed as Master Aayla nodded. Before Master Aayla could respond, a spy droid came rushing from the grass and began to fly off. Master Aayla threw my arm off her shoulders before running off after it.

"Ahsoka! Stay here with Valerie and Commander Bly! Rex, on me!" Master Skywalker said before Rex came up to his side.

"Yes, sir!" The two men ran off, leaving Ahsoka with Commander Bly and I. We waited for a bit, Commander Bly watching the rear while Ahsoka watched over me and watched our front. It was silent. A little too silent. I closed my eyes, hoping I could at least sense any more spy droids. Unfortunately, I didn't. But I did sense something. I sensed a lot of droids. A lot. Not the same droids that were back at the Lurmen Village.

"Guys. I don't think the droids back at the Lurmen Village are the only ones here." I said as Ahsoka looked at me. "What do you mean?"

"I'm sensing a lot of droids. Maybe the size of an army." I said as Ahsoka and Commander Bly looked at each other. "Which direction?" I pointed to my left before Ahsoka helped me up to my feet.

"Master, we think we may have found an army full of droids. We're going to have a look and we'll send you our coordinates." Ahsoka explained to Master Skywalker before he acknowledged.

: Okay, be careful. We can't have you guys getting caught with Valerie injured. : Anakin said as before the link ended and Ahsoka looked at Commander Bly. "Let's get going."

"Copy that, kid." Ahsoka, Commander Bly, and I made our way to the west towards the far part of the Lurmen Village, hoping that we can get a better look to confirm my senses.

"I knew it.." I said as I took the scopes away from my eyes. I handed them to Commander Bly before I ran a hand through my hair. "We need to warn the Lurmen. If those droids reach the Village, they'll slaughter then all."

"I agree." Commander Bly and I turned around to see Master Skywalker, Master Aayla, and Rex approach. "Are you feeling any better?"

"Yeah, actually. Whatever they put on these bandages is making the scratches hurt less." I admitted while rubbing the area with the scratches on it. "Guys! Look!"

Ahsoka shouted from above on the tree branch as Master Aayla, Master Skywalker, and Commander Bly climbed up the tree. "Um..I think I'll just stay right here for now." I said, worrying that I'll hurt myself even more if I climbed up.

"Don't worry, Blondie. I got you." Rex said as I looked at him and smiled. "Thanks, Rex." I looked at the tree once more before I began to climb it. I climbed a little further up the tree, Ahsoka already having her arm out waiting for me. I grabbed her before she tossed me up onto the branch. Rex had climbed up as well, and we all stood as we saw the large containment not too far from them.

"What is that?" Ahsoka asked as Master Skywalker looked through the scopes, as did Rex and Commander Bly. "I'm not sure. But that's a lot of droids." Master Skywalker said as I nodded. I heard commotion from a distance and I looked to see a whole army of B1 battle droids.

"Um..guys?" Everyone took their attention to the army down below and saw two droids separating from them. "Think they found us?"

"No. They're doing something else. I can't tell from here." Rex said as I nodded. "Well, let's try and get a closer look."

"Rex, you go with Valerie and try to get a closer look at what they're doing." Master Skywalker ordered as Rex nodded. "You got it, sir. Let's get going, Blondie."

Rex jumped down from the tree, myself following after him, in which he had caught me just in time from my fall. We had made our way through the bush line and watched as the two battle droids conversed. Rex used his scopes to look at whatever he saw earlier and quickly looked back at me when he did.

"You're not gonna like this, kid." Rex said as I furrowed my eyebrows. "What? What is it?"

Before Rex could answer, a shot was heard and Rex and I looked up to see that the Separatist had fired from whatever new weapon they have and it had exploded on top of the droids. The blast started to kill the organic life in it's range and it was coming closer and closer to us. "Rex! Run!"

I grabbed Rex by the arm and we began running away from the blast. I looked back to see that the blast was getting closer, so close that it almost got to Rex. I held onto to Rex's forearm before I felt myself floating in the air. "Hang on, Rex!"

I lifted myself a little higher just in time for the blast to come to a stop, just a couple feet from the others in the tree. I looked back to see that nearly the entire field had been destroyed. Not a living thing was left alive. All that we're still alive were the droids.

"Oh my Force.." I mumbled before I looked down to see that Rex had a tight grip on my forearm. "You okay?"

"I'm good. Just hanging in there." Rex joked as I laughed softly and we both landed on the tree branch with the others. "What was that?"

"A new weapon, no doubt. And I have a feeling that the Separatist are going to use it on a particular village of ours." I said while rubbing my chin. "We need to warn them. We have to help them."

"And we will, but right now, we need to find a transport so we can leave here after we deal with them." Master Skywalker said as I nodded. "Well, if all of these droids are here, then they should have more than one transport." Ahsoka added.

"Maybe while destroying the containment, we could destroy the rest of the transports while we're at it." I assured as everyone acknowledged. "Good thinking, Shiny. Alright,t let's get going. Sun's going down."

Everyone had made their way off the tree branch, and before I could jump, someone had grabbed me by my forearm and I turned to see it was Ahsoka. "You okay, Ahsoka?"

"Yeah, I just wanted you to know that on our way here, when you had fell asleep, Rex and I were talking and he expressed how much he cares about you. It kind of surprised me because I was taught that clones don't exactly have the right to feel. But I don't believe that. I hate thinking like that because they're men."

"You're right, Snips. They are. They are men. And they're not expendable. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks this." I said as Ahsoka nodded. "Yeah, I don't think Master Skywalker thinks of the clones as expendable either. You both have a very particular view of them."

"Well, let's just hope my way of thinking with the clones doesn't affect me in the long run. Because..I don't know.." I said with a slight blush, hoping Ahsoka didn't seem. Oh, was I wrong.