Chapter Seventeen: Truth

"What was that all about?" Anakin asked as soon as they settled Valerie back in the tent

"What was that all about?" Anakin asked as soon as they settled Valerie back in the tent. "I-I can't exactly explain it, sir. I'm not sure anyone can."

"And yet, why do I get the sense you're hiding something?" Anakin said as Rex's eyes widened. "Come on, Rex. You didn't even blink an eye when you saw what happened."

"Um..sir, I-uh.." He looked away before looking back to see Anakin with his arms folded, waiting for him to answer. But before Rex could, Valerie appeared beside them again. This time, she wasn't in her soul form, but in her normal form, holding her ribs as she limped towards them.

"It's okay, Rex. You don't have to explain. I think he deserves the truth from the person responsible."

"Can someone explain what's going on?" Master Skywalker asked as I looked at Rex, who looked so uncomfortable and unsure about what to do. "It's okay, Rex. I can take it from here. Get some rest."

"But, Val.."

"Rex, it's okay

"Rex, it's okay. Go ahead." I insisted as I watched Rex nod and he went into the tent. I looked at Master Skywalker before I sighed softly, though I winced slightly when I did, gripping my rib gently before speaking.

"I know you feel confused right now, Master, so let me just get to the point. You've heard of the Pink Jedis, correct?"

"Yeah. Aren't they the ones who are destined to join the Dark Side?" Master Skywalker said as I furrowed my eyebrows slightly and looked down at my feet. "Yeah, them."

"Okay. What about them?"

"Well, when I left to go back to Coruscant for training, I explained what had happened on the Rishi Moon and what happened on the Malevolence before Master Windu told me that it could be a possibility..that I might be...a Pink Jedi." Master Skywalker's eyes went wide before he stumbled backwards slightly.

"W-what?"

"Yes. Master Windu said I must have inherited my mother's abilities. He also thinks that maybe I inherited this from her because my father couldn't be one. It only affects women. I know how you must feel, Master.." I began as I tried to approach him, but I didn't want any trouble, so I had stopped. "But trust me when I tell you that I would never, EVER even think about joining the Dark Side. I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it because of my mom. I love her too much to do it. She's all I ever think about whenever I see Count Dooku. I think about how she died at his hands because she didn't want to join him. How he said he would love her forever and would never hurt her when he did. I don't want to do that to the people I care about. I'm not going to do it. I will choose my destiny, not have it tell me what I'm going to be. I want to decide that for myself."

Master Skywalker looked from the ground up to me, as if he was fighting with himself to trust me or at least, speak to me. I could understand how he feels. I would feel wary and concerned too if I heard anything like this. But Master Skywalker has known me for a while. He's basically the reason we're close now. He knows what kind of person I am. He's know that I would never join the Dark Side regardless of my options.

And I think that's what he was conflicting himself with.

"Look, Shiny..you will have my support. I'm not afraid of you and I'm not saying I don't trust you, but it's just every time of I heard the story, they said that the ones who rejected their destiny would die. I don't want you to die on us."

"I won't. I won't because I will change that. There's a first time for everything." I intervened as Master Skywalker sighed and approached me. I was expecting him to pat me on the shoulder or something. But instead he hugged me. Not like a lazy hug, like I do to some, but a more encouraging and comforting hug, but it wasn't tight enough for me to wince from the bruise.

"I'm glad you're on our side, Shiny."

"I am, too. I couldn't have asked for anything else." We broke our hug before I yawned and rubbed my eyes, slightly gripping my rib again when I did. "Go get some sleep. I'll keep watch."

"You sure?" I asked.

"Um..I don't need you getting any more injured than you already are." I rolled my eyes before I said my good night and went back in the tent. Rex had lied himself at the far end of the tent, facing away from me, so I had taken the empty space in the middle of the tent like before, slowly stooping down so I didn't hurt myself anymore.

Even with the pain I was feeling, I had slept well that night. I slept good knowing that there were people on my side, regardless of who I am. That they didn't disown me because of who my father is. And sometimes I wonder what life would have been like if my father didn't join the Dark Side. Would I still have these people are friends? Would I still fight alongside with people I care about?

Probably would. I mean, I am fighting for the Republic.