Chapter Thirty: Kidnapped

"What happened to them?" I asked as I ran off the ship towards the dying animals

"What happened to them?" I asked as I ran off the ship towards the dying animals. I gasped softly when I saw how red their eyes were, it wasn't a normal red, it looked blood red. Like their blood went to their eyes red. "It's the plague. It's making them ill."

"But what's causing them to get ill?" I asked as I placed my hand on their head. I heard a thud and I turned to see another Gungan attack Padmé and then Jar Jar. "Hey! Hey! Let him go!"

"What are yousa do hair?" The Gungan said as she pulled off Jar Jar's containment helmet, causing him to slightly panic. "Hey!"

I held up my fists, while Padmé held up her blaster and said, "We don't want to hurt you. We only want answers. Jar Jar, put your helmet back on."

Jar Jar quickly grabbed his helmet and placed it back on before Padmé lowered her weapon. "We're trying to find out what's causing your animals to get sick." Padmé said as the Gungan shook her head.

"Well, it's not in dha air. It's in dha water." The Gungan said as I looked at Padmé and she nodded before we both took our helmets off. "Jar Jar! You can took your helmet off! It's safe!" I exclaimed to Jar Jar before Padmé and I approached the Gungan.

"Who are you?" Padmé asked.

"Mesa Peppi Bow." The Gungan, Peppi, said as I nodded with a small smile. "Peppi, where does that river lead to?" I asked as she pointed up river. "Disa river leads to dha swamps. Mesa will take yousa dalee."

"No, Peppi. You have to get somewhere safe. I'll send troops to escort you back home. Come on, Valerie, Jar Jar." Padmé said before we walked back to the ship.

We landed in the swamps and we hid our ship just in case

We landed in the swamps and we hid our ship just in case. As we wondered around, I began to sense something odd about these swamps. I was sensing a lot of nature, but I was also sensing unnatural things too. I shook it off, thinking it was all in my head.