Chapter 12: Until I Met You

"Chloe what's going on?!" Aubrey asked in shock as she bursted through the entrance door. "It's okay Bree, just can you help Jimmy to the van? I'll be there in a second with Beca." Aubrey looked at Chloe like she had two heads as she made a glance at Beca, who was currently pacing up and down shaking violently. "Chloe did Beca do this?! We need to get someone with sedatives or-!" Chloe interrupted her as she yelled loudly, making Aubrey gasp in shock at her friend. "Aubrey! Please, just help jimmy to the van and I'll be there in a second. I promise you." Aubrey nodded eventually as she grunted as she helped a bleeding Jimmy off of the floor and towards the entrance door. Beca felt like she was going to pass out at any moment. She couldn't breathe again and it felt like her head was going to explode at any moment. Chloe then looked at Beca who was still pacing up and down, breathing harshly. "Beca? Beca can you look at me?" Chloe hesitantly started to walk towards Beca who seemed to be in another world at the moment. "Beca you're having a panic attack right now, I need you to stop and look at me." Beca whimpered as she eventually stopped to see Chloe a few inches away from her. "I can't-I can't-" Beca started to back away having her back hit the wall harshly, like the room was getting smaller as Chloe kept walking towards her slowly. "I know, I know, but I promise you this will end. Just look at me okay? I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere." Beca huffed as she tried to control her breathing as she finally looked up at Chloe. "There you go, I'm going to stand right in front of you okay? I'm not going to touch you." Beca nodded frantically as she closed her eyes tightly. A few minutes passed as Beca finally started to feel like she could breathe again. Her whole body seemed to unwind as she let out a sigh of relief and slid down the wall onto her butt. She felt absolutely exhausted as she opened her eyes to see Chloe kneeling in front of her. "Why didn't you...let Aubrey have someone sedate me? I hit jimmy...and I could have hurt you..." Chloe shook her head as she moved her body to sit next to a tired Beca. "I don't-" "where is she?!" Chloe jumped in fright as Tom suddenly bursted through the front door entrance with two other nurses behind him, with shots in their hands. "Tom, no! She doesn't need to be sedated, she just had a panic attack and-" Chloe shouted standing up quickly to stand in front of Beca protectively. Tom looked at her confusedly as he shook his head stubbornly. "Miss Posen said she hit Jimmy! She needs to be sedated right away Miss Beale, that's the rules. Now get out of our way!" Chloe shook her head as she eyed the two other nurses behind him cautiously. "I am her doctor and I'm telling you she's not going to hurt anyone in the state she is in right now, so there isn't a reason to sedate her. Now either you put away the sedatives and help me take Beca back to the hospital or I'm going to stand here all day until you do. Which will it be?" The two other nurses looked at each other confusedly as they put away the sedatives and started to walk towards Beca. Tom huffed as he too put away the needle in his pouch around his waste. "Whatever, this is a waste of time anyway." Chloe sighed in relief as she watched the other two nurses help Beca stand to her feet.

"Doctor Charles I'm sure-" Charles ignored Chloe as he put his hand up, making her stop talking all together. "I'm sorry, but when a patient hits a member of our staff or other patients around them it is always required to sedate them. You're new here so I understand why you are so quick to debate this method. This is how it has always been and it has been proved to work fantastically. Beca has been here for over a year now and she has showed some progress-" this time Chloe interrupted him in frustration. "I'm sorry sir, but that is not true. Beca's previous doctor made no actions to truly connect with Beca, therefore he just pumped her full of random medications until one finally worked for her. His notes are nothing but scribbles at this point and I'm trying to actually give Beca the help she deserves." Doctor Charles lifted his eyebrows in surprise, as he smirked at Chloe suddenly. "If you don't like the way we run things here then by all means please do leave. I'm sure we could find Beca another substitute." Chloe's nostrils flared as she took in a deep breath. "Then I guess I have no choice, but to report this facility." Doctor Charles laughed loudly as she sat up in his seat in interest. "Oh? And whom might you report me to Miss Beale?" Chloe was the one to smirk this time as she crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm sure you only hired me because of my peak in accomplishments in this field. You wanted to make yourself and this horrid place you call a mental health haven look fantastic on Borchers and to colleagues alike. I'm also sure you don't know the people I know, because they would have one look at the way you run things here and be absolutely disgusted you got this far." Doctor Charles rolled his eyes at this pompous woman. "I'm sure you know loads of famous authors Miss Beale, so-" Chloe then put her hand up making him flush in anger as she continued her speech. "Here's my proposal, either you stop with these horrendous acts on these patients and let me do my job, or I will have no choice but talk to Doctor Henderson." His eyes widened as the name suddenly rung a bell to him. Henderson, the man who owns this entire building and who could possibly ruin his career if he knew anything about his facility. "Miss Beale I assure you-" Chloe rolled her eyes at the fearful tiny man as she uncrossed her arms. "Things will change around here Doctor Charles, if you want to keep your status alive that is. So what will it be? Let me secretly take control and have no one know or be absolutely degraded by every mental health professionalist known to man. It's your choice." Doctor Charles was left absolutely speechless as Chloe suddenly left his office in a huff.

"Miss Beale Doctor Charles said-" Chloe smiled at nurse Rose softly as she nodded. "Oh don't worry Rose I had a chat with Doctor Charles and he gave me the okay." Rose scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion as she used her keys to unlock Beca's door for her. Chloe thanked her as she entered Beca's room, shutting the door behind her softly. Beca opened her eyes to see Chloe standing in front of her door. "How are you feeling?" Beca shrugged as she just laid there, looking up at Chloe curiously. "I'm fine..." Chloe nodded as she pulled up a chair from Beca's small desk and sat down next to her. "Jimmy told me to tell you he's okay, he knows you didn't mean to hurt him." Beca gulped as she sat up slowly, looking at the wall in front of her blankly. Chloe knew she shouldn't push her luck with Beca right now, but she needed to know what happened. As far as she knows Beca never hit Jimmy before, so why did she hit him now? "Can I ask you why you hit Jimmy Beca? Did he startle you? Or-" Beca let out a shaky breath as she shrugged carelessly. "I don't know why I hit him...I don't even remember doing it." Chloe looked at Beca confusedly. "What do you mean you don't remember doing it? Like you blacked out for a couple of seconds?" Beca was quiet for a minute until she eventually nodded in agreement. "Did you hear a voice tell you to hit him before you blacked out?" Beca shook her head slowly as she put her knees to her chest in comfort. Why was she suddenly blacking out now? Everything was fine a couple of weeks ago. Until...until what? Beca took a glance at Chloe. It was because of her, she was the reason she hurt those people. "I haven't blacked out in a long time...until I met you. I hurt Cheryl...I hurt Jimmy, because of you." Chloe's eyes widened as she saw Beca look at her with so much anger beneath her eyes. "Beca I-" Beca huffed angrily as she got off of her bed to get away from Chloe. "They like you Chloe...that stupid voice fucking likes you and I have no control of myself anymore. I can't even remember what it told me to do! It's never gotten this bad before, not since-" Chloe looked at Beca confusedly as she got up to try and console Beca, but Beca growled if she even tried to get close to her. "Leave me alone! Get the fuck away from me! I mean it! I'll hurt you, I swear I'll-!" Just then Rose opened the door with a shot ready at her side. "Miss Beale get out Beca needs-" Chloe got in front of Beca again in the small room as Rose looked at her in shock. "No! Rose everything is fine Beca and I were just talking." Rose looked behind Chloe to see Beca smile behind her evilly. Oh no, she knows that look all too well. "Miss Beale move now!" Chloe looked at Rose confusedly as she turned around to see Beca smiling at her. "Beca are you-" all of a sudden Beca's hands were around her throat, clenching tightly. In a matter of seconds Beca was on top of her, smiling widely with sparkling dark blue eyes. Chloe's face was turning a bright red as she started to choke at the strength of Beca's grip around her neck. Luckily Rose jammed the needle in the side of Beca's neck not a moment later, making Beca slump on top of Chloe a few seconds later. Chloe gasped a breath of air as Beca fell on top of her own body. Rose sighed in relief as she quickly paged one of the other nurses to Beca's room to help get Beca's limp body off of Chloe's own.

"Chloe are you okay?! What happened?!" Aubrey asked her worriedly as Chloe was in the infirmary with a ice pack around her neck. "I'm okay Bree Beca just lost control for a second." Aubrey looked at Chloe in shock as she sat next to her. "I'm so sorry Chloe I knew Beca was a hard patient to deal with, I shouldn't have-" Chloe shook her head making her grimace in pain as her neck moved with the movement. "No I knew what I was dealing with when I took this job, this isn't Beca's fault. I know how to help her Bree, I just have to get her to tell me what is going on inside of her. Right now she doesn't want me near her because she thinks I'm causing her to lash out and hurt people. I need to know what makes her black out, then maybe I can get to the bottom of why she's hearing these voices in the first place." Aubrey sighed heavily as she nodded. "Well what can I do to help?" Chloe smiled at her friend softly as she took the ice pack off of her neck. "Well for starters you can put this back in the freezer, it kind of melted on me." Aubrey chuckled as she nodded and took the ice pack out of Chloe's cold hands.

Author's note: hey look at that another chapter. It is currently five in the morning, Jesus my sleep schedule is fucked dude.