Chapter 16: The Opening

"Thank you for coming on such short notice Dr. Beale, it really means a lot to us that you've accepted our offer." Chloe smiled at Mr. Carson politely as Sharon came up to them with freshed baked cookies. "Chocolate chip cookie Dr. Beale? They're gluten free of course." Chloe thanked her as they managed to sit down at the dining table all together. "So you originally had another doctor scheduled to visit Beca? Then why call me?" Chloe asked them in mild confusion as she finished off another one of Sharon's delicious cookies. Carson sighed lowly as he cleared his throat. "Well we were planning on having Beca see another psychologist, but when we mentioned this to her she had a momentary breakdown. It seems to both of us you've had a very big impact on Beca's life. Beca even mentioned to us that you made her feel normal." Sharon nodded as she held her husband's hand comfortingly. "We didn't want to deter Beca's already made progress so of course we called you right away. We're just glad you actually accepted our offer so quickly. Thank you Dr. Beale." Chloe waved them off with a sweet smile as she swallowed the remaining bits of chocolate still in her mouth. "To be quite honest with the two of you, Beca has been the most interesting patient I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I guess the pay is just a bonus of that really." Chloe said to them playfully as they chuckled together. Carson sighed in relief as he stood up along side his wife. "Well we could show you to your room if you would like or-" Chloe interrupted him as she stood up as well. "Actually I would like to see Beca first, if that's quite alright with the two of you?" Carson and Sharon both looked at each other and nodded as they led Chloe out to their enormous backyard. Chloe was in awe at what she was witnessing. She couldn't believe she got to live in a place as beautiful as this for however long she was staying for.

"She's right down by the lake straight ahead, you can't miss her

"She's right down by the lake straight ahead, you can't miss her." Sharon told her with a wide smile as she pointed to the direction she was talking about. Chloe thanked her as she immediately started to head down the cobbled pathway. As Chloe neared the lake she could feel her heart start to beat out of her chest. She was nervous, she never got nervous. Yet here she is, about to fall over because her knees became wobbly as soon as she saw the back of Beca's head come into view as she made her way down the bushes. Apparently Beca heard her as she immediately turned around and connected her dark blues eyes with her bright blue ones, in complete shock. "Dr. Beale? What are you doing here?" Beca stood up quickly as she almost tripped over the rock she was sitting on in excitement, to try and get closer to Chloe. Chloe smiled at her widely as she was now a few inches away from Beca. "Well it turns out I'm your new and permanent psychologist for awhile. Is that okay?" Beca huffed out a breath of relief as she engulfed Chloe into a tight hug. "I can't believe you're actually here, I told them I didn't want to see anyone but you." Chloe bit her lip to try and keep herself from smiling at Beca's confession as she wrapped her own arms around Beca's fit form. They stood there for a few more minutes just basking in each other's presence, until Beca was the first one to pull away from the intense hug. "Do you wanna throw some rocks with me?" Beca asked her with a shy smile as she ran over to grab some small rocks and offer them up to Chloe. Chloe chuckled as she immediately agreed and grabbed a few of small rocks from Beca's opened hand. "How have you been Beca?" Beca shrugged nonchalantly as she skipped a rock over the water, huffing when it didn't skip as far as she wanted it too. "I don't know really, it's only been about a week. I think the most difficult thing would be sleeping, I think I got used to the hard pillow they gave me to sleep on." Chloe giggled as she skipped another rock along with Beca. "I could understand that, but I want to know how you're feeling being back with your family again." Beca bit her lip as she skipped the last rock that was laid in her hand as she faced Chloe. "Do you ever have that feeling where you know you're in a safe place, but you still feel like anyone can hurt you if they really tried too?" Chloe pursed her lips as she was a bit confused as to what Beca was trying to tell her. "I don't think I fully understand, can you explain it a bit more to me?" Beca sighed as she shuffled her feet on the ground for a few seconds before answering Chloe again. "I haven't heard the voice since I left the hospital...and usually it goes away for awhile, but I know it's going to come back. I guess I'm a little scared for when it eventually does decide to." Chloe frowned as she saw Beca go through a range of emotions, but grabbed her right hand squeezing it in comfort. "You don't need to be scared anymore Beca, you have a family who loves you. I know you feel like you're alone right now, but trust me it's the farthest from the truth. That's why I'm here, to help you...you just got to let me. Do you think you can do that?" Beca nodded as she looked down at their intertwined hands with a small smile. "Good, so how about we go back up to the house? I had one of Sharon's delicious chocolate chip cookies and I swear they're to die for." Beca chuckled as she let Chloe drag her back up to her new house.

Author's note: short and sweet. If you guys have any suggestions you want in the story, then by all means share them with me. Until then see ya soon.