Promise

The italics words are form past

Warning there is slight mature content. 

 ______

 "Papa," called A-ling to Xiao Zhan many times but sighed when he saw the tall man daydreaming about who knows what.

 "Papa what happened? These last two weeks you have been lifeless" A-ling asked straight to the point. The atmosphere of the restaurant which was crowded at dinner time was now quiet. However, there was no answer from Xiao Zhan.

 Yang Zi, who was invited by A-ling to join for dinner, now glanced at A-ling. "Never mind, A-ling, finish your dinner."

 "But ma ..." A-ling sighed and then glanced at Xiao Zhan . The look on his father’s face and the silence made him drop his shoulders in concern.

 "Well, I'll go home first. Papa isn't fun." A-ling hoped that when he spoke like this Xiao zhan would be angry. Considering the tall man hated it, when food was not finished. However 30 seconds passed and still Xiao zhan said nothing. "Yes ma, I go first." Continued A-ling and hurried out of the restaurant with an annoyed face.

 A-ling left and the dining table was quiet again. Even Yang Zi didn't know how to start a conversation with Xiao Zhan. She felt a coldness in the man's body like a barrier between her and himself.

 "Where is your sugar baby Xiao Zhan?" Yang Zi asked directly as she glanced cautiously at the man, afraid of his anger. But the man was still silent making Yang Zi increasingly not wanting to give up, so she continued asking..

 "You've already broken the contract, how come? I thought you really loved him. Ah, it's wrong right ? You love his mother. Didn’t  you divorce me because of that damn woman." 

 Xiao Zhan, who had been silent, stood up suddenly. Making the table he occupied shake. It made Yang Zi immediately close her mouth Then  Xiao Zhan picked up his coat and glanced over  at Yang Zi.

 "Just so you know, I divorced you not because of anyone. It was because of you .alone and no one else. So, don't interfere in my business." the answer made Yang Zi  clench  her  fists in annoyance. 

 Then Zhan walked towards the bathroom.

 In the silent room, Zhan punched the hard wall next to the sink. Blood dripped from his hand. 

 "Why does everything have to be a mess?" Xiao Zhan said softly while looking at the mirror. He caught a glimpse of Wang Yibo in the mirror and smiled at him.

 "I'm sorry, Yibo. I'm sorry for being such a jerk." Xiao zhan closed his eyes; his chest felt so tight.

 "I love you too dear. I love you too. In fact, since the first time we met. But we can't be together," he gripped sink firmly, closing his eyes again only to be reminded of the hurt tearful expression on Yibo’s face.