Smile For Me (Epilogue)

Now he had  a new habit . Every time he returned  from campus or from anywhere he always took the longer route because of one lingering hope. He had been doing this a year and half but that hope was still not fulfilled 

 After the shocking incident that happened on that day, the Xiao family disappeared. Nobody knew where they were. Some rumors said that they returned to London. But, some of them just said the family had just taken a vacation. 

 Their company remained  normal but the owners seem to have disappeared to somewhere unknown. 

 Even so, it still hurt Yibo that he didn’t know if he was needed or not. Xiao Zhan had left him without telling him anything.

 But Yibo was still grateful because he continued to believe that  his waiting i was not in vain.

 Yibo approached a luxury mansion that for the past year and a half had been left empty. However, today Yibo saw a pickup truck parked in front of the gate. Some people seemed busy transporting goods to the car.

 Yibo  was now standing motionless right next to the pickup truck paying attention to the transport activities in front of him. Yibo had questions.

 "Sorry, sir, why have these items been transported?"

 "Oh here," the middle-aged man glanced at the stuff that was already full in his car. "This house is being sold so the owner wants these things moved out. ”

 Yibo immediately shrugged his shoulders. He was disappointed, the hope that he could meet Xiao Zhan again was starting to disappear. It looked like Xiao Zhan wanted to really move. 

 When the middle-aged man returned , carrying more goods , Yibo noticed a small, sky-blue notebook with cloud ornaments. Yibo felt his heart pounding.  “ Sugar baby”  The words jumped out from the notebook cover.  

 Yibo grabbed the small notebook and opened it . He immediately realized that it was Xiao Zhan's handwriting. And there was a little note was inside it. 

 December 5, 2019,

This was the date when A-ling learned the fact that Xiao Zhan was not his father. And the day he saw Xiao Zhan for the last time.

 Yibo opened it and he realized this was not a small note but an outpouring of Xiao Zhan's heart.

 Today I do not know why I am so weak. I'm too tired to face this world. I can't even walk with a smile anymore. Especially yesterday when I hurt the person I loved most. With all my might I protected the truth from A-ling just so he wouldn't get hurt. In fact, I'm willing to destroy the person I love the most. Just so that A-ling remained safe by my side. I know I'm wrong; I shouldn't hide this from A-ling because eventually he will know. So my whole plan backfired.  Aling found out the truth. He was totally devastated. He got into a horrible accident and ended up in a coma. My father and I were shattered with pain. We had to take Aling abroad for the best possible medical treatment