Mario VS Sonic THE HONEST TRUTH

What's up everyone it's Mario and Sonic fanboy and today we're going to be talking about Mario and Sonic.

My childhood favorite video game characters and franchises and favorite characters in general and I'm making them go head to head now this isn't the first time I've done this I have done it several times already and I've basically moved on from de...

My childhood favorite video game characters and franchises and favorite characters in general and I'm making them go head to head now this isn't the first time I've done this I have done it several times already and I've basically moved on from debates like this....but today I'm going to give you guys my honest truth on who I actually think would win. Now some of you probably already know who I think wins but for those of you who don't you're gonna have to sit back and find out who I think wins. It's a really big debate that has been going on for almost 3 decades now and it's still going to go on for like many years from now. So before we get started I just wanna go over some rules.

1. I will only be using the games/canon only. No alternate sources.

I will be using the game versions of Mario and Sonic in the canon series spin-off games like Mario Sports, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi games, and Team Sonic Racing are canon. I will not be using any non canon sources like Mario cartoons, Super Mario-Kun manga, Super Mario Bros (1993), Paper Mario, Sonic X, Sonic the Hedgehog IDW comics, Sonic the Hedgehog (2020), Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comics etc. where Mario and Sonic are basically entirely different characters from their gaming/canon counterparts.

Quick heads up: Just because Shigeru Miyamoto said Mario has no canon doesn't mean there isn't any evidence that prove he does have a canon because Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam shows evidence that Mario and Paper Mario are in completely separate universes similar to how Sonic and his classic counterpart are in separate dimensions. And while Archie Sonic has some feats based on the games the character's history is completely different from the game version (also Paper Mario and Archie Sonic are considered OP so they shouldn't be used nor scaled to) Both Mario and Sonic have some media close to the games but they do not have any effect on the main story.

2. Both will have their power ups and forms.

Mario and Sonic will have power ups. While Mario has actual evidence that he can use his power ups at any point in time it's still fair game to give power ups to Sonic even though both don't need them to prove their potential.

Quick heads up: Sonic's other forms like the Werehog, Darkspine, and Excalibur are only occasional uses so they will not be included and also Hyper Sonic won't be included either because it's kinda OP. The White Tanooki suit won't be included because it requires Mario to die several times to get it so it's not part of his reliable arsenal even if Mario can use it without dying multiple times it's still not reliable.

3. No prep time

4. Who I think wins is all my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion (and also what they think)

So with all this being out the way we can safely start with Mario.

Mario

Now before we get into the feats of Mario it should be noted that Mario has a huge verity of Power-Ups