Zuko VS Shoto Todoroki review

What's up everyone it's Mario and Sonic fanboy and today we're going to be doing a review on Zuko VS Shoto Todoroki. Now sorry about the delay for this review I have been busy with school and finishing working on chapter 8 of Mario and Sonic: Dimensional Chaos, but we're here now. So for those of you who don't know I actually did this matchup a year before Death Battle did in Season 1 of Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man Death Battle if you wanna check that out you can so anyways without further a do let's get started. If you haven't seen the video yet please do because it's right here.

So what I liked about the battle is the research I always said that their bad at research in some episodes but when it comes to fights with Avatar: The Last Airbender, Fullmetal Alchemist, and My Hero Academia I think they did a great job doing all those characters justice (although Gaara would slap Toph but even they know it's outdated thanks to that scene with Deadpool VS The Mask). I honestly thought that the fight itself was awesome they even had Zuko's official voice actor Dante Basco to voice Zuko in this fight which is amazing, I really enjoyed the music Frozen Fire I thought it was way better than Elements of Alchemy which was the music for Aang VS Edward Elric. But my favorite part was this scene....

That alone has to be one of the most powerful scenes I have seen in Death Battle so far

That alone has to be one of the most powerful scenes I have seen in Death Battle so far... Like you cannot tell that it looks so powerful, my heart sank when I saw this because Zuko and Todoroki literally seeing themselves in each other that shows that not only do Shoto and Zuko have a lot in common but they are literally mirror images of each other. That means that they are so connected to one another that the differences do not matter like they literally understand each other they know what it feels like to be in that exact situation at that exact point and in their case aside from being able to manipulate fire it's stuff like growing up with abusive fathers (Ozai and Endeavor), kind and caring mothers (Ursa and Rei Todoroki) who disappeared for several reasons (Ursa because she was banished for her actions of saving Zuko and Rei sent to the hospital after scaring Shoto from a mental breakdown) and reuniting with them years later, having starting off as rivals with the series main protagonists they opposed at first (Aang and Izuku Midoriya), and if the theories were true and Dabi actually is Toya Todoroki, Shoto's older bother than also evil siblings (Azula and Dabi). And the most noticeable one having scars on the left side of their faces because of their parents (Ozai burning Zuko for refusing to fight which led to his banishment and Rei poured boiling water on Shoto because it reminded her too much of Endeavor out of mental breakdown). Zuko and Shoto have so much in common I only screeched the surface as their is likely even more things that they have in common than even I realized. This scene also makes me sad because my favorite characters from their have to fight to the death rather than bond over their dark pasts. If this wasn't an actual Death Battle I bet ya this would really happen.