Chapter VI ✠ Seven Lost

Una was so confused, about life, about everything. How could she live everyday life with the knowledge she knows now? How could Frey have told her all of this? Why didn't Una kill him before he had the chance to say to her about their father's battles? Una clenches her fists again as she stares down at her pregnant best friend. She wonders why Marged hasn't told her yet.

Una sits at the end of her bed. She takes a deep breath and sighs. She doesn't want to wake Marged. Now that Una knows she is with child, she cannot allow her to do the same work she usually does. Una rolls quietly on her back and turns over.

"I'll have to release you." Una quietly whispered to herself.

Una crawled up to the top of her bed and snuggled herself in the sheet, boots, and all. She was so tired that she paid no regard to the fact that her sword was still in its sheathe. She wouldn't realize it until Marged shook her awake a few hours later.

"Me, lady." Una could hear the words rattle her awake.

"Me, lady!" Marged said louder and shook Una's forearm.

"Marged." Una moaned with her eyes closed and turned over.

"The boy, he's gone!" Marged said in a worried tone.

"Yeah, what of it? I let him go..." Una's voice trailed off in a yawn.

"And the others too!?" Marged sounded startled.

"Yes, the others too." Una breathlessly sighed.

"Why would you do that, miss!? They have gone mad! They killed innocent people on a boat on the river!"

Una's eyes blasted open, she swung her body up and ripped the covers off.

"That's impossible. I told him I would retaliate if he made themselves into a spectacle! Why did they attack, and why are you telling me this? Where is Darren!?" Una hissed, looking around for her sword.

"And where in seven hells is my sword!" Una screeched, looking around.

"I don't know, my lady. I just heard that when they left, they stole the boat to leave Snowdonia. I don't know where Darren is. I haven't seen him!"

Una remembered what Frey had told her, he would keep quiet, and Una would disregard the fact that he was trespassing and had injured her. Of all the filthy lies, and Una believed him. No one has been able to lie to Una in ages. Her intuition was always strong and right, but not this time. It was her emotions that got in the way. Her memories shrouded lies that were said to her face. She was too distracted.

"Where did I put my sword!" Una cried out from across the room.

"I don't know, oh, it's on your belt!" Marged said, pointing at her hip.

"Oh..." Una said, grabbing the hilt and swinging it around.

Una was filled with so much rage. It took a lot to anger her, and when she got angry, everyone suffered. Una grabbed a cloak hanging off of a post in the wall, and she ran to the door. Before she left, she paused and thought a moment about Marged.

"When I get back, I want to hear what names you have planned for your child." Una smiled but would not look at her.

Una heard Marged gasp, and before she could speak, she shut the door closed. Una ran down the length of the hall. She could see the guards looking at her. They all looked disturbed as well.

"Let's go, men!" Una bellowed out, and the guards around her followed behind her.

The clanking of their metal armor could be heard as they stride together down the halls.