Chapter LXIII ✠ Old Bloody Bones

Yvar stood there looking at Una as she quickly ran to a curtain to cover her nudity. He had heard everything she had said, including the fact that Una loves him, somehow, someway.

Yvar walks over to Wilona's wardrobe and pulls out a silk nightdress. He stares back at the bruised body of Una.

"What did she do to you?" Yvar asked softly, handing Una the dress and taking back his sword.

"Everything," Una said.

"Tell me," Yvar said gently.

"What do you care? It's not like she broke me." Una mumbled.

"I can see the bruises on you. I'm sure there are far worse ones on your heart."

Una sighed as she patted her dress down. She looked at the floor.

"Yes, she hurt me, but she didn't torture me."

"How so?" Yvar asked, sitting down in a large wooden chair and crossed his legs over.

He was genuinely interested in his future wife's behaviors when he was not around. He knew she wasn't the kindest individual, but for her to hurt Una made Yvar break as well.

"Well, today, she kicked me in the ribs a few times and emptied her chamber pot on me. Her strength isn't great since she is frail bodied, but her nails are long, and they sting." Una said softly.

Yvar sighed and sat further back in his chair.

"How can you marry a woman like that? She's my aunt, and if she treats me this way, I couldn't imagine your children." Una said, turning her head away from his gaze.

"She's your aunt?" Yvar asked.

"She was my tyrannical mother's sister. I should have known all along, but my family lineage has always been so vague." Una said, thinking about Arawn.

"Wilona never said anything," Yvar said.

"Why would she? I am the enemy, I am your enemy, which begs me to ask you the question. Why are you here? Were you not my friend?" Una walked over to him.

Una sat on her knees a few feet in front of him, looking up at him, showing her respect as a friend. If she were acting like a queen, it would be a disrespect for herself to sit below the gaze of Yvar. Yvar sat staring down at Una with a neutral expression. Una clenched the dress at her knees and sighed.

"Have I forsaken you? Why is it that you are consulting yourself in the arms of the Pendragons? Do you want power, riches? I could have given you all of that if you had asked." Una said bitterly.

"This isn't a good time. I was asking because you don't seem like yourself." Yvar said honestly

"When is a good time, Yvar!?" Una exploded.

Yvar was taken back and gulped as he crossed his arms.

"Don't get all defensive, answer my question. You at least owe me that much for leaving me." Una said.

"I left you?" Yvar scoffed and turned his head from her eyes.

"That's rich coming from you." He said under his breath.

"What!?" Una crossed her arms now.

"It's not the first time either." Yvar's voice began to rise.

"Why are you shouting at me? What did I do to you?" Una begged.

"No, you are the one who is getting wroth!" Yvar turned his head back and leaned forward in the chair.

"Listen to yourself for once. I am trying to understand!" Una shouted back.