Chapter LXVIII ✠ King of the North

Wilona walked over to Una, slowly, watching her sword arm for any sudden movements. She held Yvar in her arms like a child. Una made no attempts to get up and fight her. Wilona was terrified now. She couldn't explain it. All she wanted now was for Una to die. She must die.

"Do you not fear me?" Una asked Wilona as she made her way up behind Una.

"I've sent word to the Saxon armies to snuff out Gareth, so it's too late. You can kill me. My work is done." Wilona said with her arms shaking.

Wilona bent down and picked up Yvar's sword slowly. The blood on her hands made her dizzy. She could feel the energy in it.

"Unfortunately, that sword will do you no good now," Una said, taking a deep breath.

"Shut your mouth, you snake!" Wilona hissed as she pointed the sword at Una's back.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. Arawn is here now. He is not blinded with your spiritual illusions; he can see the enemy clearly." Una knelt her head up.

"Watch me!" Wilona said, raising the shaking sword.

Suddenly the guards surrounding them bolted for Wilona.

"What did I say?" Una sighed, looking behind her shoulder.

"You are too weak even to hold a sword up. How could you hold your people up as the ruler of this kingdom?" Una said softly as the guards wrestled Wilona away.

"You hedge born bitch! I will smite you!" Wilona said as they pinned Wilona to the ground.

Una gently knelt Yvar to the ground, and she stood up and turned to face Wilona.

"You're not the only one with Magick, Wilona." Una smiled.

"You're mad!" Wilona screamed as the guards surrounded her and held her down.

"Perhaps, but you have inspired me, Wilona. You see, Arawn not only blessed me with the strength of mind and body but of spirit and magick." Una walked up to Wilona's feet, pinned to the ground.

All the guards bowed before Una as they held the sorceress down.

"Stop! I release you, leave! I command it!" Wilona cried out to the spirits in the guards.

"Oh, Wilona. Good and Evil are interchangeable. It just depends on your perspective. These dark entities only want energy, just like we humans crave sustenance through food. You have starved these poor beasts. I can feel it." Una said, looking up at the tall ceiling above.

Wilona could see that something was very wrong. Something in Una had snapped. How was it possible that her guards were bowing before her? There was no way that a human woman could take control of them. Una had never used magick in her life, nor did she want to after her mother.

"Stop controlling them, Una!" Wilona pleaded.

"I'm not," Una said.

Wilona became distraught and started shouting out demands and sorcery words to aid her against Una and these guards.

"Wilona." The guards said in unison as they held her down.

"No, please!" Wilona begged at Una.

Una was picking up her sword and slung it so the blood would fly away from it.

"Again, you shouldn't be asking me. I'm merely the messenger." Una said.

She walked back over to Wilona.

"Messenger!?" Wilona shouted.

"I have prophetic dreams. I knew this hour would come. I hoped I would never see it come into fruition, but by that time I realized it was happening, it was too late. The trap you constructed here was not for me, but you. It shouldn't have ended this way. In my dream, Yvar lives, and you die, yet here we are. He is dead, and you are alive. We can't always be correct, I suppose. I had hoped these guards had pinned you sooner. You are very talented with magick, you managed to ward off Arawn, but he is waiting for you to strike, so pick up the sword and come at me. I will kill no more." Una said.