Chapter LXII ✠ The Confession

The pain began to grow in Una's side. She had a good pain tolerance, but this pain was radiating. Una was still slumped over in the corner. She barely slept at all. Now Wilona was kicking her in the back.

"Come on, you snake! Get up!" She laughed as she kicked Una hard on her side below her ribs.

Una laid there and took it, barely flinching, feeling more sadness than anger. Suppose she had only stopped Njord before he came here to take Mercia singlehandedly. It was foolish of him to think that his weakened Northumbrian army was mighty enough to strike a substantial blow to the Mercian army. They were able to take out the weak links in battle, which left only the strong to survive of the Mercians. Now they were headed for Wessex and to Wintacaster to take Gareth's head. There was nothing Una could do to help at all. She silently prayed that he would be safe as she felt Wilona continue to kick her in the ribs.

"You stubborn bitch!" Wilona said, fed up, and threw a ceramic vase towards Una.

Una said nothing and remained still. She could feel the breeze of the object flying above her head and shattering. The pieces rained down on Una, but she was still bracing herself against the wall.

"Gods, I hope someone kills you soon!" Wilona growled as she stomped over to Una.

Wilona grabbed Una's hair at the nape of her neck and pulled her back away from the wall.

"You see? I am the strong one now! I am not at all weak like you think I am!" Wilona said proudly.

Una did not fight back. She took all her blows and advances at harming her, regardless of anything she had said before. Una has been neglected water for three days, not since her last sip of water in her dungeon cell. It had been even longer she has been without food, nearly a week. Una had refused to join sides with the Pendragons, and because of this, she has gone without sustenance.

Una sat up and slowly eased herself off of the ground. Una stared at Wilona with sympathetic eyes and then emotionlessly.

"Don't look at me like that!" Wilona demanded as she took her hand and pushed it into Una's face.

"I was going to give you food and water today. You can go without again." She laughed as she pushed her palm up under Una's nose.

Una grabbed her wrist and jerked her away, still emotionless.

"Unhand me this instant!" Wilona struggled to pull her hand away.

Una was nearly crushing her wrist with one hand.

"Stop!" She cried, with tears almost forming in her eyes.

Una released her grip, and Wilona pulled her hand away.

"Gods! You are a monster!" Wilona said, rubbing her wrist and turning away.

Suddenly, Wilona spotted her chamber pot sticking out from under her bed.

"Fine, you'll die without a drink soon. I don't care that you don't want to join us." Wilona said with a grin.

"Drink this!" Wilona said, flinging her urine all over Una and laughing maniacally.

Una stood there, her eyes furrowing.

"Aww, did you not get to drink any? Such a shame, really it is." Wilona laughed even harder.

Una could feel herself nearly becoming unhinged in anger, but she recomposed herself and took a deep breath.

"I know you heathens like to bathe in bodily excretions during your rituals, but my initiation hasn't even begun?" Una uttered smartly, clenching her fists.