Chapter 6: Can't Say How the Days Will Unfold

A/N I made the cover for this chapter because I was inspired, used Photoshop.

♦️♦️♦️

Mikey approached Donnie first. Donnie smiled at Mikey, who smiled back. Raph approached Donnie, and they smiled at each other, too. Donnie laughed and put a hand to his mouth. He hugged them. They squeezed the daylights out of him and he gasped.

"I missed you guys..." he whispered with a smile.

"I missed you too," Mikey smiled.

"It's been quiet, without you talking about whatever you're doing," Raph stated. He and Donnie chuckled. Donnie didn't let them go.

"This is Delilah, by the way," Mikey stated once they separated a while later. "She-"

"Is from One Columbus Place, near Columbus Circle?" Donnie asked.

"That's me," she smiled and waved.

"Hi. Donatello, er, Donnie, if you didn't already know." She chuckled.

"I could tell, but it's all good." She offered her hand, and he shook it. "Woah, that's all your tech?" she asked excitedly.

"Oh, yeah. About half are my inventions. Want to see?"

"Of course! Is that an x-ray and night vision ray?"

♦️♦️♦️

Donnie and Delilah had tinkered with some of his technology and inventions for a while. They wanted to make sure it was still working after being underground for nearly two weeks. Raph and Mikey were shocked she knew so much, and Donnie was pleasantly surprised to have another nerd in his circle.

Then they settled down and Delilah made drinks. Mikey and Raph got their usuals and Donnie wanted a Masala chai.

"Good choice; masala is my favorite chai," she said as she finished making it.

"I agree. They always put me down for it."

"I'd rather have green tea, okay?" Raph shrugged. He and Donnie looked at each other. They burst into laughter.

♦️♦️♦️

"Anyways, you will never guess what the hell I went through," Donnie stated. He shook his head and laughed, then sipped his tea.

"What happened?" Mikey asked. He leaned in like a child listening to their favorite story. "Start from the truck. Did you hear us? We were talking to you."

"I heard you. I would have responded, but I had a gun to my head and a knife to my throat. I was scared shitless."

"Damn," Raph muttered.

"They drove for hours. I didn't know exactly how many, but it felt much longer than the ride back felt. The gun stayed at my head the entire time, but the knife left eventually. When they stopped, they blindfolded me and took me through a maze of a place and put me in a cage. It reminded me of when we were taken by Sacks, to be honest. But also worse, since the cage was made of steel bars and I... I felt like a caged animal."

Mikey hiccuped.

"Are you crying?" Raph laughed.