Chapter 17: The Finding of Minds

Four hours later, surgery was done. The top of Delilah's robe was still revealing the small wound- about 3 inches- sealed with 18 stitches. Dill and Raph watched Donnie take off the gloves and scrubs. He threw them away and washed his hands. He looked at them and Dill looked back at Delilah. Raph made eye contact with his brother.

"It went okay?" Raph asked.

"It went perfectly. She's stayed healthy since she got her diagnosis- except for her coffee addiction, but I understand that. And it didn't affect her heart as much as it would if she had a lot more," Donnie responded as he dried his hands. Raph nodded.

"Okay."

"When will she wake up?" Dill asked, looking at Donnie.

"Soon, within a couple of hours," he confirmed.

Donnie grabbed a small tube of ointment.

"This is a little healing cream for the wound," he added. He put a glove on his right hand, then put some off-white cream onto his finger. "It will help heal in the long run, we'd just need to apply it once or twice a week," he explained as he gently touched Delilah's skin. "And... Done."

Dill smiled at their childhood friend, who shifted slightly under the anesthesia.

"Thank you, Don. This means a lot to her," Dill stated. They looked at Donnie, who was blushing.

"Not a problem. I love helping."

Dill hugged Donnie as tight as they could. Donnie stumbled a bit but gladly held Dill once he caught his balance.

"You've already helped so much, and I know it's going to work." Donnie beamed.

"Thanks, Dill," Donnie said. Dill released him. Donnie made eye contact with Raph, who was smiling like he knew something. "What are you looking at?"

"You two are looking at each other like Dee and I do. And you know what I look like," Raph laughed. Donnie threw the glove at his brother. "Watch it!"

"Oh, bite me."

♦️♦️♦️

Dill gently covered Delilah's stitches with the robe as Raph and Donnie playfully bickered. Casey stopped them by knocking on the doorframe of Donnie's lab. Mikey was right next to him.

"Hey, turtles. Hi Dill," Casey smiled. Dill nodded in greeting. "Where's 'tello?"

"No idea," Raph stated. Dill rolled their eyes.

"He probably went to his room for a minute. Good surgery, but long," Dill responded.

"I'll say. It was three and a half hours," Mikey whined. Raph chuckled.

"Anything over twenty minutes is a long time for you, Mikey," Raph stated sarcastically.

"No, it's not..." Mikey whined.

"Are you sure?" Raph asked. Mikey just stuck out his tongue.

"Hey, Case. Oh hi, Mikey. What were you guys doing during all this?" Donnie asked. He entered the lair holding three to-go cups of coffee on a tray.

"Just watching old shows on Disney," Casey shrugged.

"Specifically Phineas and Ferb. I cried at the end," Mikey stated. Casey and Raph chuckled.