Chapter 27: Ghosts Give A Second Chance

Delilah sat up, looking around. Her body didn't ache at all. Given, she wasn't exactly in her body. She stood up and looked at Donnie working on her neck.

She walked to the front of the Tartaruga truck. She watched Casey drive and Dill give orders to Mick about the upcoming bikes that seemed to be coming endlessly.

"Long time no see." Delilah jumped and turned to the voice. She smiled slightly at the familiar face.

"Hi, Leo," she whispered. He was sitting on the couch in the truck, smiling at her warmly.

"I didn't know you spoke Portuguese," Leo said, making room for her.

"Yeah. My parents were fluent, and my siblings and I caught on." She sat next to him on the couch.

"Nice. My siblings and I all know Japanese as well as English. I learned Latin as well, and Donnie and Mick also know French," Leo said.

"Interesting," Delilah said.

The two of them watched Donnie work on Delilah's body.

"I feel awful. About this," Delilah said, motioning to Donnie. "I feel bad for making him so upset and... Angry. But Raph needed help- I couldn't just stand by and let the Foot destroy him. I was glad it finally clicked to Donnie on why I went into the Foot Clan's van. But I still feel awful."

Leo was nodding along.

"Yeah, I hear you," Leo said. Delilah nodded.

"The look in Donnie's eyes..."

"I know. It was so different than his usual self." Delilah nodded in agreement.

"I must be doing something wrong," Delilah said after a while. "Am I giving too much reign, since I'm not forcing them to train? Or meditate in some way?"

"You're doing perfect," Leo said.

"Then why did I act without thinking? That's not like me," Delilah said, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Well... That's a question for Master Splinter," Leo admitted.

"He's not here. I can ask him at the Lair-" she was cut off.

"My what a curious eye, gaze into the past to find the future. Must I be your new tutor? You will learn what you can for I must be gone, you will know before the year is done." Delilah looked around, then saw Master Splinter on the couch opposite herself and Leo. "I said that to you when I first saw you, yes?" he asked.

"Yeah," Delilah responded. "I'm still not sure what it meant. And why bring it up now?" she asked.

"Let's see. You want to know if you're doing something wrong, and why you thought 'without thinking,' and you want to know what I mean. Let's break down what I said, shall we?" Delilah could tell there wasn't a 'no' option.

"Let's start at the beginning. 'My what a curious eye, gaze into the past to find the future.' What do you think that means, Delilah?" Master Splinter asked.

"Um... The person wants to find answers to their questions about the future, so they look to the past for guidance?"

"Perfect!" Splinter smiled. "Now, 'Must I be your new tutor?'"