Chapter 30: Singing Memories

Now Monday, May 25th, Donnie was letting her start whispering, which was a relief to her.

In those eight days, Delilah built up the courage to go back to Columbus Place. She told Dill so, and then she told Tina. The three of them told the turtles they were going out and dragged Casey along with them.

"I get that you're going but why are you dragging me along?" Casey groaned. Dill was actively pulling Casey along by the nape of his neck and their grip was much stronger than he thought.

"Because we're going to be performing and we're paying you to record us on my camera," Tina responded. She was holding the camera Casey will use.

"What kind of camera is that?" Casey asked, struggling against Dill's grip.

"A Fujifilm x-t4," Tina responded. "My parents got it for the three of us to record performances."

"Lucky bitch- Ow!"

"No one calls Tina a bitch, not even me," Dill said defensively, but also chuckling.

When the four of them got to Columbus Place, Dill finally let go of Casey. He rubbed his neck as they walked into the lobby. They immediately noticed Gerrie.

"Hey! Delilah, Tina, and Dill! And a friend?" Gerrie questioned once he noticed them.

"Casey Jones. I work with the NYPD, but today, I'm their personal videographer," he said, offering his hand for Gerrie to shake.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Jones. Gerrie Wright, property manager of Columbus Place," he said. "I'm the one who makes it look nice."

"Well, you do an excellent job," Casey said. Gerrie chuckled.

"Well, Delilah, I see your stitches are still in. No singing from you today?" Gerrie asked.

"No solos. I'll be doing some harmonies, though," she whispered. Gerrie gasped.

"Oh, I missed your voice- I'm glad I get to hear it- even in harmonies," Gerrie smiled. "Well, you guys can set up anywhere- the lobby is quite big."

"Do you still have that platform that Mark and my dad made a few years ago?" Delilah asked. Gerrie thought, then lit up.

"I do! It cracked a little, but we were able to touch it up," he smiled. "I'll go get it."

"Platform?" Casey asked. He was watching Tina set up the camera and Dill help Delilah tune her guitar.

"My dad and brother made a platform my siblings and me at the Abraco, but it was too big to fit well in any place we tried there. So, Dill, Tina, and I use it here"

"Coolio," Casey smiled.

Gerrie and a coworker soon brought out the platform and the trio smiled. Casey looked at it in awe. It was a circle-shaped platform that was a foot and a half tall and about 7 ft in radius.it was painted black, and he could tell that Tina had painted a few constellations on

"You're brother and dad made this?" Casey asked.

"Yeah," Delilah said as she finished tuning.

"Dill and I painted it," Tina smiled.

"I added the constellations and the flowers. Dill added the Northern Lights- those have always been their specialty. Dee also made an outline of her guitar and asked Dill and me to fill it in with Harry Potter-related things." Tina pointed out the outline and Casey looked at it.