Chapter 25: Surprise for All

Delilah could not keep a straight face for the life of her whenever Dill and Donnie were in the same room. Dill would tell her to stop chuckling whenever she started to, and she said she was trying not to. Dill would then end up blushing and hit her playfully.

Soon, it was Thursday, May 15th, and Tina was finally out of quarantine.

Donnie's 20th birthday was on April 17th. Delilah made him his own version of the firewall that was on her laptop. Dill gave him a coupon that said "One Day Fuckable," which made him blush immensely. Tina made him a hand-written book called "Guide to Dumb Conversations." Mick drew him as a human (he had black hair and had dimples; he loved it). Raph made him another get out of anger free card

Donnie loved all of his gifts. He was happy.

♦️♦️♦️

It had been six weeks since Donnie put the first capsule into the artery near Delilah's heart. That meant one thing: it was time for the second capsule to be put into Delilah's neck.

It was around 6 in the evening when Donnie reminded Delilah of the capsule. They went to his lab. As Donnie got his tools together, Delilah changed into a medical robe in the corner. She knew he wouldn't be turning around any time soon.

"Hey, so... Remind me where this one goes?" Delilah asked as she waited for Donnie to be prepped.

"Sure. It's the internal carotid artery on the left side of your neck," Donnie responded.

"Right. The blood flows away from the heart on the left side, right?"

"Correct," Donnie confirmed, smiling at her. "You remembered."

"I have a brain, Don. I'm not a complete dunce," Delilah chuckled.

"Want me to get Dill and Raph in here again?" Donnie asked. "Case's already here to hang with Mick, and I even texted Tina if she wanted to come over."

"Sure, and I don't doubt Tina will come. She loves y'all," Delilah shrugged. Donnie chuckled as he went to the door of the lab.

"Raph, Dill! Dee would like you in here for the surgery!" Donnie called. Dill came in first and kissed Donnie. He flushed red. "Dill- Dee-"

"Chill, she already knows," Dill whispered. Donnie nodded, but his face flushed darker. He didn't make eye contact with Delilah.

"Hey, nerds. Surgery number 2?" Raph asked as he made his entrance.

"Yup. In an artery on the left side of my neck," Delilah said.

"Huh. That seems pretty odd," Raph shrugged. "But Don has a way of doing things, so I won't question." Donnie scoffed.

"Thanks, Raph," Donnie said sarcastically. Raph chuckled.

"No problem, Don."

Donnie, Dill, and Raph all scrubbed in.

"Now, Dee, I will tell you- this will take about eight weeks to heal, and you won't be able to go into action for about ten," Donnie warned as he put on a doctor's mask and gloves. Delilah paused and thought it over.