Chapter 22: A Forgotten Memory Again Found

It was 8 AM on Sunday, April 5th, 2020. Vincent suggested that Dill, Delilah, and the turtles all go home for a proper rest.

Dill went to their apartment for a shower and a long nap. They offered for Delilah to join them, but she declined. She and the turtles went back to the Lair.

Of course, Delilah could not sleep.

She had never sat alone in the dojo before. It was a nice place, and it was perfect for meditation. If only she knew how to properly meditate- she learned, but she was really choppy at it. Either way, she gave it her best shot.

The room was full of the turtles- all at different ages. She smiled as she watched them start their first day of training- they were using different weapons than the ones they have now- and all were made of foam in this memory. Donnie had Sai, Raph had Katana, Mick had a bo staff, and Leo had nunchucks.

She watched them all hit each other- mostly accidentally, sometimes purposefully. If it was purposefully, she heard a stern voice call to them- but the voice seemed like it went through autotune three times. She saw the owner of the voice, and though the owner was blurry. Through the blur, she was able to make them out to be a rat. She remembered a drawing of him- Master Splinter- from Leo's journal.

"Boys, please stop hitting each other! Michelangelo, please stop hitting Raphael before you hurt him! Leonardo, stop swinging your nunchaku around like a helicopter! Donatello, the sais are not three-pronged forks! Boys! Boys!" Splinter bellowed. All of the turtles stopped, weapons frozen in mid-air.

The memory moved to a few years later- many years, actually. It seemed to be only a few years ago. The weapons wall had many more weapons, and she could hear a lot more of Donnie's technology whirring. But... It was all destroyed. Raph entered the dojo, and he was crystal clear. He was carrying something. No- someone. It was Splinter- she could tell by the small frame. A girl followed behind Raph, and she- like Splinter- was blurry. Delilah was able to point out a bright, yellow jacket.

Raph put Splinter onto a slab of concrete and spoke to the girl.

"Get the first aid kit! On the shelf! Hurry. Hurry!" Raph's voice was not changed. The girl grabbed the kit as Splinter's, thrice-autotuned voice spoke.

"Raphael?"

'I'm here." Raphael searched through the first aid kit.

"You must save your brothers. Stop Shredder."

"Sensei-" Raph was cut off by a loud, annoying beeping. The girl looked to Donnie's monitors.

"It's some kind of tracker," she said. Her voice was also like it went through autotune three times.

"It's Donatello!" Raph confirmed. Splinter looked up at Raph.

"Go, Raphael." There was a long pause before Raph responded.

"Let's go save my brothers." He stood up straighter.

"We need a ride." Raph looked at the girl. "I'll call Vern."

"Thank you, April."

"Ahh," Delilah thought. "So this is April O'Neil..."