Epilogue

While everyone was asleep that day, Delilah decided it was a good time to meditate since she hadn't in a long while. She let herself relax and fall into the state of the medium.

♦️♦️♦️

Leo and Master Splinter were both in the Lab by the time she reached the medium. She was relieved they were there and swung her legs over the side of the medical chair.

"Boy do we have a lot to talk about," she said. They both nodded. "Look, Leo, I'm sorry. I brought you into my argument with Raph when I shouldn't have-"

"No, don't apologize. I agree with what you said, 100%. I would have loved to see Raph's soft side when I was alive. And I am upset and angry he never trusted me with that. Especially learning it now that I'm not there," he admitted. He sighed. "But watching you forgive him..." he chuckled curtly. "You surprise me, Dee." She smiled sadly.

"I still shouldn't have brought you into it; that was a low blow," she admitted.

"Eh, not really. He hit a low blow by mentioning Columbus Place, so," Leo shrugged. She nodded in agreement.

"Master Splinter... You've been awfully quiet," Delilah noticed. He nodded slowly.

"You've done some thinking, Delilah, have you not?" he asked.

"Um, yeah... I have," she said, thinking back to her conversation with Mick, Raph, and Donnie before she got her cast.

"Care to share?"

"Everything that happened doesn't mean I can't still be a leader. There's more to it than the title, and being in the middle of the fight- which I had forgotten. A leader should support their team, and I know I hadn't been amazing at that. But now, with my injury, it may be all I can do, so I will definitely do everything in my power to support my team. I'll make sure I don't forget that," she said. "That is my answer, Sensei."

"I'm glad you were able to figure this out, Delilah," Master Splinter said, seeming pleased.

"Now, there is a room in this Lair that I would love to show you. Not even Leonardo had been there while living," he said. "If you could join me. There is no need to worry about your injury- we are all able-bodied here."

Delilah nodded and got off of the bed. Standing and walking on her able legs felt foreign, but also familiar. She followed Master Splinter as Leo followed her. They exited the Lab and went upstairs, past Leo's room. They went to the next door frame that- like Leo's- had a curtain in front of it.

"When I was alive, this was my bedroom," Master Splinter said, pausing outside of it. "None of my children have even dared to think about entering." Delilah nodded along. "With your new acceptance of your position, I feel it is necessary for you to enter."

"Me?" she asked. "But sensei- I, what about Leo?"

"He has been in here since our deaths," Master Splinter said. "Don't worry." Delilah nodded.

"Yes, sensei."

Delilah softly pushed the curtain aside as she entered. The room was rather large. It consisted of a dark gray hammock, a mat for personal meditation, a bookshelf, a small desk with no chair, and several nightstands holding candles and jars scented oils. There was also a closet, Delilah noticed.