Chapter 7: Feelings

Delilah was completely unfocused during business hours. She kept humming to herself and could only make one drink or dish at a time without getting distracted. Dill couldn't help but notice. So, between the breakfast and lunch rush, Dill sat Delilah down to talk about it.

"You know, I heard you playing for Raph earlier," Dill stated. Delilah's eyes went wide.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Casey pointed it out, but I told him there was usually a duo playing around the corner so your cover wouldn't be blown." Delilah sighed in relief.

"Thanks."

"No problem. But I do have questions." Delilah gulped.

"You really trust him, don't you?" Dill started. Delilah thought.

"Yeah, I do."

"You're fond of him?"

"I guess you could say that."

"You would protect him."

"Yeah, and Mike and Don. They're all my friends," Delilah stated. This seemed to be what Dill wanted to hear.

"You don't just sing a love song to your friend then hug them." Delilah's eyes were wide.

"You heard that?"

"I heard that he asked you to play. Then you played 'Running Home To You' by Grant Gustin in that one episode of the Flash. I also happened to peek into the window and saw you hugging him like a little couple," Dill stated. "What is between you two?" Delilah gulped.

♦️♦️♦️

Donnie immediately went into his lab when he got back to the lair. He sighed in relief when everything was exactly the way he left it.

"You guys didn't bother my stuff?" Donnie asked Mikey and Raph.

"No, I couldn't even go in without being nervous," Mikey responded from the doorway.

"Delilah wanted to take a look and geek out, but I know you don't like anyone touching stuff, especially when you're not here," Raph added. Donnie looked at them with a wide smile, then looked confused.

"Delilah?"

"Vincent agreed we could let her come here," Mikey stated. Donnie nodded, then smiled again.

"You guys thought of me."

"Totally, dude. You're our brother," Mikey smiled. Donnie chuckled and put an arm around Mikey's neck.

"Speaking of Delilah, though," Donnie said. "I noticed something between you. Did you form a relationship in the midst of this?" Raph's eyes were wide, then he put on his usual, rough-around-the-edges persona.

"Why would you think that? She'd never want to be with one of us, much less me..."

He stormed off and went to his exercise room. He let himself relax once he knew he was alone. He heard what Mikey then said to Donnie.

"He likes her, he just doesn't know it yet." He wanted to disagree, but he wasn't even sure where to start thinking about it.

♦️♦️♦️

Delilah had to close early, due both her and Dill to being overtired. She let herself pass out on the couch near the door until Donnie arrived. Donnie went alone that night, for he wanted to take Delilah to the lair to talk about her and Raph. He wanted to get her side of it since he knew Raph wasn't going to budge.