Chapter 9: Leading Up to Memories

A/N another cover via me

♦️♦️♦️

Raph took them back to the lair.

Donnie turned fifty shades of red when he saw Dill. He turned fifty shades darker when Dill asked if they could look around his lab- and of course, he said yes.

Mikey, who was on the couch next to Casey, was confused as to why Delilah was at the lair when they couldn't go to the Abraco, and why Raph went in the first place. But he couldn't complain- he was happy to see Delilah was okay. Casey wasn't surprised that the Abraco closed.

Raph took Delilah to his exercise room. She sat on the bench and watched him make sure Mikey hadn't touched anything while he was out.

"Well, this is my space," Raph said as he sat next to Delilah.

"I could tell," she nodded.

"Yeah." They sat in silence as Delilah looked around. She started fidgeting.

"What's wrong, are you okay?"

"Just... anxious, I guess, about Abraco. I didn't think Corona was such a big deal..."

"Hey, look at me." Raph gently took Delilah's chin and turned her head. "It's okay. We're all here for you. Especially me."

"Thanks," she smiled slightly.

"I know it doesn't make things better, but-"

"You're still here," she finished.

"Exactly. I'm still here."

Delilah almost fell off of the bench because of how strong the feeling was this time. Raph grabbed her hand and they supported each other so they wouldn't fall. She looked up at Raph, who was already looking at her. Her heart kept beating and beating, faster and faster. Whatever she was feeling, it was overwhelming and she started shaking. Raph immediately took her in his arms.

Oh, your eyes, your eyes make the stars look like they're not shining. Your hair, your hair falls perfectly without you trying. You're so beautiful, I wanna tell you every day.

Yeah, I know, I know when I compliment you, you won't believe me. It's so, it's so sad to think that you don't see what I see.

But every time you ask me "Do I look okay?" I say: When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change. 'Cause you're amazing, just the way you are. And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while. 'Cause girl you're amazing, just the way you are.

(Just the Way You Are- Bruno Mars )

Delilah was gripping the top of his plastron in tears as he sang to her. But she loved every second. Raph felt her crying and kept holding her to his plastron. Even though he was holding her, he was the one who felt protected and safe. He put his chin on the top of her head, almost protectively.

Well, you've done, done me and you bet I felt it. I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted; I fell right through the cracks, and now I'm trying to get back.

Before the cool did run out, I'll be giving it my best-est, and nothing's going to stop me but divine intervention. I reckon it's again my turn, to win some or learn some.