Chapter 10: Journals

The first entry in the oldest journal was dated February 1st, 2010 She noticed it was in Latin, and chuckled. "Another way to protect his privacy; write it in a language he knew his brothers wouldn't understand."

Kalendas Februarii, MMX

Cara Mihi,

Today is my 10th birthday, the first of February, 2010. Donnie found me a book of Meditation with half of the pages torn out. Mikey drew me and him hugging. Raph didn't get me anything. Dad said not to worry about it and found me a journal, and it looks practically new. I'm glad he found it for me since I'm on the last few pages of this small one.

I'm in my room right now, laying in my hammock. I'd rather be alone right now, honestly. I feel bad that they didn't give me good gifts while I gave them good ones. I'd never say that out loud, but at least I have this notebook to write it in. I am on the last lines of this, so I'm going to start the next one when I need it. See you soon,

Sincerely, Me (Leonardus)

♦️♦️♦️

The next was labeled from March 1st, 2010.

Kalendas Martii, MMX

Cara Mihi,

Yesterday was Raph's 10th birthday, the twenty-eighth of February. Donnie made him a "Get Out of Math for One Day Card," in return for "Get Out of My Anger" one. Raph asked if he could use it the next day, but Donnie suggested after the test he made for Raph (Donnie is helping him with maths and he hates it). Mikey found and gave him a Swiss Army Knife. Dad told Raph to be careful with it, and he promised to. I found him a pair of bell weights, each weighing ten pounds.

I know he liked his presents, even though he didn't say it. He's a tough guy who doesn't like showing affection. Very typical of him, honestly. He's always been a tough guy. Everyone shows more heart than him. I'm not sure why, but last time I asked, he argued with me and whined for the rest of the day. I knew not to ask since then.

Sincerely, Me (Leonardus)

♦️♦️♦️

The next was labeled from April 18th, 2010.

Aprilis decimo octavo, MMX

Cara Mihi,

It was Donnie's 10th birthday, the seventeenth of April. Mikey wrote him a poem, and he used a lot of words he didn't know but he had heard from the beauty pageants he watches. Donnie laughed but loved it. Raph made him a "Get Out of My Anger Free Card." He said he'd use it next time Raph made fun of his inventions.

I found a notebook of graphing paper, and it had over 150 pages left. He loved it, of course. He needed more since he ran out of paper on the one Dad got him for our Mutation Day on the 7th of June last year.

Our Mutation Day was when we got our first injections from Dr. O'Neil and Sacks. Dad said they're not good people, but we got saved from them by a hogosha when the lab went on fire. I am grateful. I'm glad I get to be with my brothers.

Sincerely, Me (Leonardus)

♦️♦️♦️